Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Nov 25, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Room additions
    Hi I live in Illinois. We want to build a 12x12 room addition. My question is... is it too late in the year to pour concrete. It did snow today a little bit. Should we wait until next year? If so, how soon would we be able to pour concrete? Thanks.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 26, 2007, 03:35 PM
    I think the biggest factor is the ground frozen,even if it is they can heat the ground to thaw it out. I do know they can pour cement all year around you just have to find the right company that will do this for you.

Nov 26, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Thanks for answering Jack. My husband told me today that they put antifreeze into the cement. Does that sound right??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 26, 2007, 05:42 PM
    They put calcium cloride in the cement but not this time of the year. The ground is not frozen and the air temp was 46 today in IL. Regular concrete, regular pour for at least another month.

Nov 27, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Thanks for both your answers
    powrus Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2007, 11:10 AM
    The best answer you'll probably get for a specific cement related question is to check your Yellow Pages for a couple of local redi-mix companies. The dispatchers will customarily answer any and all questions about your situation without obligation.

You'd be surprised at the variations and formulas available from your redi-mix supplier to handle almost any job at any time of the year.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ranch additions [ 2 Answers ]

My home is a 1000 square foot ranch with a breezeway and attached approx. 24x24 ft 2 car garage. What I'm wondering is what the cost would be to put on an unfinished second story across the whole house. I know that the foundation for my garage is good for a 2 story structure. Also the cost of an...

One hot room [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. I just bought an older home. It had a new master bedroom added in the mid 90's. The original house stays cold, but the master doesn't get cold at all. I checked the planum?? In the attic, and the duct is attached and not leaking air. Because of the way the roof was installed over the...

View more questions Search