Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chassidy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:05 PM
    History of my home
    Recently I was told about a crime that happened at my home years ago. How do I look up the history on the home?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Usually either the local or county historical society or the public library has information on area crimes, ghosts, and other historical stuff. Call or visit the library's reference desk and ask, or do the same at the historical society office. The house may be featured in old newspaper articles or in a history book of the area--or both.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
    There often is just not a istory of your home, unless something really unusuall happened, ( for example an extreme crime in a small town may get notice, the death or two people in a major US city may not even make major city news.

You reference with local news papers, histroy society, talk to older people in that area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking history of our home, or surrounding area [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know history about an area in Florida, called harbor oaks. This area is located in Port Orange fl. We recently purcahsed a home here, we hear noises at night in our home. From my understanding this area has a lot of history. If some one can lead me in the right direction, to finding...

History of my home [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out more about the home I lived in for 15 years. I live at 433 Atlantic ave.East Rockaway Ny 11518. I would like to know any information before the year 194

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

History of my home [ 1 Answers ]

My raised ranch was built in 1966. As far as I know only one family lived here. Reason for the sell was the housewas to big for the widowed wife who's husband passed some years back. I have now lived here for almost 2 years. It's nothing scary but I am curious. Sometimes I feel as though someone...

View more questions Search