Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onetwothree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 03:39 PM
    My Fiancé has lost sexual interest in me!
    I have been in a relationship with my Fiancé for more than 2 years now. We live together and I am very much in love with him. I do not want anyone else. I think about my Fiancé all the time. I love being around him and when we have sex it it incredible. We have always had a great sex life. 5 or 6 times a week. Several months ago he brought up to me bringing another female into our sex life only for fun and enjoyment. I was not up for this for a long time because I questioned him on why he wanted someone else and was I not making him happy or pleasing him the way he wanted to be pleased. I eventually gave in and we met another couple and swaped. For him he continually mentioned meeting them again and wanting to set up another meeting with them. We met them several times but every time it hurt me very much because he would do things with her that he would not do with me. I brought these things to his attention and he said I was looking to far into the situation. I could not take it anymore and I told hime I did not want to see them anymore. He was fine with that (or at least that is what he told me). He suddenly went from having sex with me 5 to 6 times a week to once a week and twice if I am lucky. I have tried to start it several times, but every time I do he says he is tired. I am sick of trying and being let down. He thinks that all I want him for is sex. But I feel that we come close together and show how we feel about each during sex. He never wants to cuddle with me anymore or anything? I am so confused and this is stressing me out so much! Am I being to demanding? Or is he losing interest me? Please help!!
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I'd check to see if he's not with the other couple! Sounds like warning bells are going off to me. You might need to find another! I know he is your fiancée but he has (I suspect, lost interest in sex with you alone)-he needs the others to feel good.

To me the situo sounds not too good-Cheers, and best wishes.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 05:14 PM
    According to recent studies of couples, people lose sexual interest in a partner after two years; that is, the excitement and newness of being together fades in two years.

My opinion is that you made a big mistake in allowing others into your sexual relationship. You probably felt you could control your boyfriend in this manner, but in reality, it was his license to cheat.

You are left with the option of making yourself more interesting to him, not always available to please him. New interests, new male friends but most importantly, an independent you.

Good Luck!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 08:17 PM
    He wants to do the swnging thing and you don't. You two are not on the same page and it is not going to get better. Lose him, unless you want to be part of that lifestyle.
    He may also be getting it from some where else.
    AbL6669 Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Nov 25, 2007, 09:13 PM
    He sounds like he wants it. If you feel uncomfortable about it I would revaluate my relationship with him and consider if leaving him is your best option. Relationships are hard but that is an extra unnecessary hindrance.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Bringing another person (much less TWO!) into your sex life ends up being bad when partners don't trust each other and are not completely honest. You didn't trust him, and it sounds like he wasn't completely honest with you. Either way--it wasn't a sex problem, it was a communication and trust problem.

I suggest counseling, and make SURE to bring up the swinging, no matter HOW uncomfortable it makes you feel.

If he's not willing to do this, your relationship is probably doomed.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 09:20 AM
    I agree and disagree with Synnen,

1) I disagree that you simply didn't trust him and he wasn't honest and that's that.
    It's about him wanting something and getting it and suddenly realizing that he saw you differently sexually now. I hasve seen this many times... it's a risk I would not suggest.
    For every 1 that it works for - there's a hundred it does not.

2) I do agree you need counseling. Or get out now.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
    First mistake, living together without the benefit of marriage. Mistake number two, group sex. It is obvious that he is not mature enough to have a loving monogamous relationship, or he is addicted to sex, just not from you. As I see it you only choice is counselling or get out of the relationship and fast!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Since when is marriage a benefit? Dump his ! Counselling is a last ditch effort in an already screwed up situation. There are so many men out there who like to have sex and can do it with the same person their entire life. Dump him and waste not another minute on the romantic notion of a government F_____ licence.
    zepher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 04:12 PM
    OneTwoThree, do you feel that he has cheated/cheating on you? With swapping with another couple, was that something that you enjoyed? Did you do anything during the swap that he was uncomfortable with? Have you been with anyone other than your fiancé since you have been together or given him any reason at all to doubt you? If you have given him doubt in his mind, it could be possible that it has nothing to do with not having interest, but that he just feels that what he does is not good enough.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
    He is a childish selfish clod who is punishing you for not doing the group sex thing and he's probably getting it elsewhere. No woman should have to beg her man for sex.
    Drop his butt.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    He is a childish selfish clod who is punishing you for not doing the group sex thing and he's probably getting it elsewhere. No woman should have to beg her man for sex.
    Drop his butt.
    I'll agree... just because you agreed once doesn't mean you have to continue doing it. I think he should be happy you did it once and stop being such a child and having his temper tantrum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband has lost sexual interest in me [ 11 Answers ]

I am having a really difficult problem in my marriage right now, and it is causing me a great deal of anguish. I'm at a loss here and I have no idea what to do. I have been married for seven months, but my husband and I dated for four years prior to our wedding. In that time, we had a fantastic...

Wife has lost interest [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I got married 8 months ago, we have 2 children together (boy of 6 and girl of 2), and have been together 7 1/2 years. Within weeks of our wedding, she began expressing doubts about whether she loved me. We talked and worked things through and things improved for a few months or so. She...

Strange sexual interest [ 31 Answers ]

I have a very strong attraction to psychotic men, I often fantasize about sexual encounters with these sick derranged men and dream of oneday fullfiling these fantasies. I find them very appealing, the sick twisted mystery about thema and their ruthless violence, to be able to dice someone up is...

Pay it Down -- if the interest on the debt is LOWER than the interest on Savings [ 3 Answers ]

I have student loans in the amount of $20000. Through consolidation and never missing a payment I have the interest loan at 2.50% (simple interest). Montly payment is approx $100. I am getting an APY no a Savings account at 4.75%. I have savings around $5K and growing. I need cash for other...

Wonder if fiance' is bi-sexual or not [ 7 Answers ]

I wrote in earlier today as a new member and it was deleted because I didn't have my birthday on my profile. So I am going to ask this again, now that I am old enough for this profile.Is this is something that anyone else has ever experienced..? Last weekend my finance' and I went to the bar,...

View more questions Search