Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmex22000 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Still having electrical problems
    I have narrowed my problem with the odor smell from the breaker box and the dryer. The only time I smell an odor from my breaker box is when I am drying clothes. Sometimes the dryer (which is fairly new) trips the breaker. I was concerned if this is a deeper problem that I may need to get checked out since I posted this problem around six months ago and am still having problems. Could this cause my mobile home to catch fire even when I am not using my dryer?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
    This indicates that something is overheating. It can be caused by a wire size not adequate for the dryer, a loose wire connection, a loose wire connection or a bad breaker. Once corrected, the breaker probably should be replaced.

The deeper problem that you may have to fix is a new breaker box.

It's a fire hazzard that needs to be fixed ASAP.

At lease post the following information:
    The breaker size
    The wire gage used.
    The dryer nameplate info (volts,watts, amps) or what breaker is required.
    The approximate distance the wire has to travel from the box to the dryer.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 04:17 PM
    I dug up https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...arm-98024.html

It sounds to me like a bad breaker or its connection in the box. I don't think there is much danger with the dryer off, but it will only get worse unless fixed.

I don't think poking about inside the breaker box is a good starter project for a DIY. Better find a real electrician, not just somebody that does electrical work.
    carmex22000 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Thanks for your quick response Labman, I'll get an electrician ASAP. Also, thanks to everyone else who responded. Better safe than sorry!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical problems [ 5 Answers ]

[last night power went out in parts of my trailor.we checked the fuses nothing went out to the pole,where cardboard fuses 2 of them,after about an hour the lights started to slowly kick on again,this morning same thing,power in parts of the trailor and none in others,how can I tell if fuses are...

94 civic electrical problems [ 3 Answers ]

My dash is not working, odometer,speedometer speed,fuel,turning signals,and temperature gauge are all out. Before it went out speedometer use to go bezerk while driving like 30-120-40-0-70 etc. could this be a fuse or electrical wiring gone bad. I have a 94 civic dx cpe with about 213 thousand...

Electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my flashers on my temperature gauge goes to hot. And whem bright lights on the turn signals lights come on and when using turn signals the light blinks in opposite direction.plez help

95 Civic DX 2 electrical problems. [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 problems with my 95 Civic DX: 1: I jumpstart my car and it starts right up. When I turn off the car, an hour later the battery dies. I have charged it up full and something is draining it. Nothing is left on. Maybe I need a new battery? 2: I have projector headlights that keep...

View more questions Search