Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neilsen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Furnace will not cycle off
    I have a Comfortmaker furnace that quite often fails to cycle off. I've changed thermostats three times and I still incur the same problem.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Next time this happens tap the gas valve and see if it shuts off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace winter cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furnace. Each winter when it gets cold enough for the furnace, I move the thermostat to heat, raise the indicator to 75 or 80, then wait, sometimes two or three days before the furnace comes on. It has always come on, but the wait is two to three days. After it once cycles...

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air during Programmable Thermostat Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace works fine when set to a constant temperature, (22 degrees celsius), the gas ignites every time and the blower functions properly. The problem occurs when I program the Honeywell thermostat to switch temperatures to 21 overnight, 19 during the day, 22 in the evening. When it's...

Heat/furnace won't cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Central A/C & Heat Unit on my roof, it is about 18 years old. The A/C works fine. I have a prof replace the ignitor last year and it gets a little better. However, I noticed that the heat still have problem whenever it started continually running for more than 20 or 30 minutes, then...

Furnace cycle last only about 30 seconds [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Coleman 7680 gas furnace that will only run for about 30 seconds at a time. When we first turned it on this year we noticed that the air blowing out was not very warm. Then noticed the cycles. Tried replacing the thermostat but it still only runs for maybe 30 seconds at a time. We live...

View more questions Search