Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erwinek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Ensuring check is deposited by a certain date
    How can I indicate that that a check is valid only if deposited no later than a certain date, say December 20, 2007?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2007, 10:54 AM
    By writing on the check valid only if deposited by 12/20/07
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Is that all it takes to do such scottgem? And does that apply in all areas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 07:43 AM
    I do understand there are some issues, such as that it has to be valid for 90 days I thinik ( this is a I think) but yes beyond that, you put a date it is no longer valid on,

Now with that said, if this is to a large company like the electric company or phone company their checks are not processed by hand, but by machine, and notes on them are not read, so the check would still be proccessed anyway.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Taking into account Chuck's caveat that the check might not be processed by hand so that the disclaimer might not be read, it should still work.

Large companies will likely process checks as soon as received and if a check falls through the cracks, its likely to be read before processing. But even handwriting such an endorsement on the check will give the payor some recourse if the check is delayed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check court date [ 2 Answers ]

Got a traffic court date in Newmarket tomorrow but I lost the ticket... all I know is it is in Newmarket and it is at 10:30... I know there is a site to check the particulars but I am at a loss for that too... thanx

Disability check VS. Child support check [ 2 Answers ]

My sister lives w/ my step father. My mom HAD to leave the home. My sister is 13 and decided to stay w/ father. I don't think he can take care of my sister.. he can't hardly take care of his self. He receives a disability check for his self and my sister gets one also until she is 18. He BLOWS...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search