Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tansy 101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 01:59 AM
    Can my husband adopt my daughter?
    My husband has wanted to adopt my daughter (who's 12) for some time now. Her bio father left when she was 5months old and did not pay any contributions for her care. He has had no contact with her since she was 2 ( we live in a different country now). How do I go about finding him and making the first steps? Apart from the fact that my husband and daughter adore each other, I would feel it would be beneficial to her legally ( wills etc) - any advise would be greatly appreciated:confused:
    bouncer2007 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Hi Tansy

If your daughters father has not had cotact with your daughter since she was 2 then I see o problem why your husband may not adopt your daughter he has proven himself to be a positive influence and a capable parent aso if your daughter wishes for the same this would strengthen your case in a court who will have to take your daughters feelings into consideration. Seek legal advice from a qualified legal professional but if your case is so clear cut I don't anticipate you havingany problems.
    kayleigh1989 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 04:11 AM
    Its not a problem for your husband to adopt your daughter if they get along well then I think u should consider it.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 07:21 AM
    I would find an attorney and see exactly what the legal steps you need to take. If the bio father is out of the picture and seems to have abandoned your daughter, it maybe very easy for your husband to do this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Bottomline here is you need an attorney to file the adoption petititon. That attorney will advise you what you need to do to termination the bio father's rights. If you don't know how to find him there are ways to show that you have made a good faith effort to contact him that will satisfy the court. The attorney will know what they are for your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 22 Answers ]

I have been married to my husand for 11 years, and we have 2 children, my daughter is 14 and my son is 9. My husband has been with my daughter since 2 and she has no idea that he is not her biological father, he is my son's biological father. All her records Doctor, school, etc. show her last name...

How my can my husband adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know how can my husband adopt my 3 yr. old daughter. Since she's been born her biological father has not been seen or heard from. My husband has taken care of her since she was 6 months old. Thank you in advance Fermeka Velez

Husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 4 Answers ]

My ex husband has custody of my daughter which he is not the biologial father. I want to bring her home so bad. I got remarried and my now husband wants to adopt her. Are there any chances for us and if so, what would be the first step? Please somebody help us!!

Can my husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father has nothing to do with her?

For my husband to adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I would like my husband to adopt my 4 yr old daughter, her real father doesn't pay me goes in and out of her life shows up one day to see her then goes months without calling or coming around, and has been in and out of jail has a voilet past, drinks, in and out of jobs and where he lives no...

View more questions Search