Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msansari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Presidential election 2007 of BCCI
    What was the political view of the election of president of BCCI?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Hello m:

What or where exactly IS BCCI?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I think it has something to do with cricket . " Board of Control for Cricket in India"

Either that or it is about the international bank that swindled 20 billion dollars in the 1990s
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Nov 26, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Are you speaking of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International?

I don't think that BCCI is a particularly important factor in the US elections in 2007. BCCI has not been in legal operation since 1991, when it was shut down after the Sandstorm Report, in which it was revealed that BCCI was involved in money laundering, financing terrorism, and other illegal financial activities. There are those who argue that the bank continued to operate long after it was shut down, possibly as late as 2001. (Clearwater is the source for that claim, though I personally find it dubious.) However, it is indeed finally shut down completely and no longer in operation. As such, it has no effect on US presidenttial elections, and is not a particularly important issue in US politics.

(Or were you referring to the Board of Control for Cricket in India? Again, not much of a political issue for the USA in that topic either. We don't play cricket, and we proably wouldn't elect a president who did.)

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Voters: Do you already know how you'll vote in the next Presidential Election? [ 6 Answers ]

Hope y'all don't mind me taking a long-before-the-election poll. Do you know now how you will vote... or if you will vote? Vote and/or post, or ignore as you wish :) PS: Only the numbers will be shown. What individuals choose in the poll is not shown.

Presidential history [ 2 Answers ]

What happened in Bufalo New York on September 6th 1901?

My election day wedding! [ 28 Answers ]

My fiancé Alex and I JUST decided tonight when our shotgun wedding (just kidding!) will be... January 23, which also happens to be the day of the Canadian Federal Election. When we were discussing dates, Alex jokingly mentioned election day, and I laughed, but then we thought why not? We want to...

Nj s election [ 1 Answers ]

Is there relief for filing s election late. The IRS provides relief if the s election is late?

View more questions Search