Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassycas38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Drain pipe for washer backing up once washer starts to empty what could be causing
    What couild be causing the drain pipe fro washer to back up and spill all over floor behind washer
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 10:43 PM
    May be it's just a "suds lock." If the wrong type of soap is used (like dish soap) in a washing machine it makes too many suds. If it just started doing it and you haven't used any different soap it's probably gunk in the pipe.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 24, 2007, 10:46 PM
    It could be plugged with lint or junk from clothes that wouldn't fit through hose when spinning water out,turn off machine and take hose off back of washer, clean out with water or something you can put through tube and when cleaned out put back on washer, just an idea?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassycas38
    what couild be causing the drain pipe fro washer to back up and spill all over floor behind washer
    Jack has the right idea. Lint and grease tend to bunch up and clog a washer drain line. The solution would be to snake the drain from the washer stand pipe or the washer roof vent. If using the roof vent put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more Good luck, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassycas38
    what couild be causing the drain pipe fro washer to back up and spill all over floor behind washer
    You have a clog in the drain line that needs to be snaked out from the washer stand pipe or the washer roof vent. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer drain causing water & seepage from ground [ 2 Answers ]

For some time we've thought we had a leak in our washing machine. No one could figure out what was causing it. Finally it seems that the draining of the machine leads to water and what looks like dirt coming up from the ground somewhere. There is linoleum on the floor and the water is coming up...

Floor Drain in my Washer/Dryer room is backing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a floor drain that the previous owner of my house put in ( I guess). My washer/dryer is on our second floor of out two story home. The drain has been backing up and spilling out into the catch tray under the washer/dryer. I can't seem to figure out how to unclog this drain. It's only about...

Dishwasher won't drain and washer is backing up and overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

I have problem that has completely stumped my dad and I. My washer is backing up every time it goes to drain out for both the wash and rinse cycles. Also, my dishwasher is not draining out at all either. The washer has been doing this for a while, but the dishwasher just recently started doing...

Washer drain backing up [ 3 Answers ]

Moved into a 2 story townhouse recently and bought a new over/under washer and drier. While doing some wash my wife noticed that when the washer drained it backed up into the sink. The lucky thing was it was a small load. This morning was an extra large load, and it backed up so bad that it...

View more questions Search