Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andreap2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Coincidence involving childhood imagination
    I watched a show tonight where someone (a psychic) said that if you have an imaginary friend as a child, it's not really your imagination, it's actually a spirit and we "grow out" of believing in them because we're basically told to. I had one as a child and the name was odd, something I still can't remember where I came up with it, and now there is a company with that name in a town where some of my family lives now. I was wondering if that's just coincidence or if there's something more to it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 09:41 PM
    It's just coincidence.

My imaginary friend is AngelWolf. He's still with me years later.
    andreap2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    No details
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
    I do not think it is a coincidence. I don't think there are any coincidences. We are all connected, part of the same energy. The real question is, what is a spirit?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 10:01 PM
    No details? I answered your question and told you I have never lost my imaginary friend.

What did you want to hear?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    No details? I answered your question and told you I have never lost my imaginary friend.

What did you want to hear?
    That's correct! You did answer the question according to how andreap2 worded the question!

Originally Posted by andreap2
    I watched a show tonight where someone (a psychic) said that if you have an imaginary friend as a child, it's not really your imagination, it's actually a spirit and we "grow out" of believing in them because we're basically told to. I had one as a child and the name was odd, something I still can't remember where I came up with it, and now there is a company with that name in a town where some of my family lives now. I was wondering if that's just coincidence or if there's something more to it.
    reyak Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Ok, wait. Sometimes a 'pretend friend' is simply that, pretend. Someone you can talk to that isn't really there. Most of us have had them.

It is true, however that some people can see other things. I was able to see things such as ghosts when I was younger as well. I grew out of it when I began getting picked on for it. It depends a lot on whether you can see them, hear them,. feel them. Try looking in that town's records for some sort of report on whoever you used to talk to. If you find someone, and their discription seems to match, you may have been talking to someone who trully passed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Just a coincidence? [ 13 Answers ]

I wrote before about how I lost my virginity on Saturday. Well I haven't talked to this guy since we last saw each other on Sunday morning when I went home. Well today I saw him when I was with my friends and he was afraid before that I would get in trouble for staying the night at his house. So...

Children and imagination? [ 9 Answers ]

My niece is 8 and she has been doing a lot of weird things that my sister does not know how to handle... so I thought maybe you guys can help us out a little. First of all my sister is not with the father... my niece stays with her mom on the weekday and then with her dad on the weekend. Well on...

Coincidence.. Or? [ 4 Answers ]

I was chatting to a lady whose son goes to kindy with my boy. 1. Her son was born in February - so was mine. 2. He is having difficulty with his speech, so is mine. 3. She had PND/psychosis - so did I. 4. She has a girl and a boy, so do I. 5. My sister died suddenly aged 17...

View more questions Search