Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mecca25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 06:32 PM
    sales price per share
    How do I calculate sales price per share using the following variables?

Stock price: 57.72
    Market cap: 311.18
    EPS: 1.39
    Book value per share: 8.79
    Price book ratio: 6.57
    PE ratio: 42
    Growth rates: 15 %
    PEG: 2.77
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Stocks are sold at the price according to the time or trade on the ny stock exchange 57.72 might be the opening price and it fluxuates through the day.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
    One ratio you can use is Price to Sales or P/S ratio. This metric looks at the current stock price relative to the total sales per share. You calculate the P/S by dividing the market cap of the stock by the total revenues of the company.

You can also calculate the P/S by dividing the current stock price by the sales per share.

P/S = Market Cap / Revenues
    or
    P/S = Stock Price / Sales Price Per Share
    completepack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    One ratio you can use is Price to Sales or P/S ratio. This metric looks at the current stock price relative to the total sales per share. You calculate the P/S by dividing the market cap of the stock by the total revenues of the company.

You can also calculate the P/S by dividing the current stock price by the sales per share.

P/S = Market Cap / Revenues
    or
    P/S = Stock Price / Sales Price Per Share

:D my reply to "MAGPROB"... you have the calculation of Price per Share inverted...

It should be: Total Revenues or Sales / Average Shares Outstanding

Here is the link if you may want to check my reply: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/...hare.asp]Sales Per Share[/url

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price Per Share [ 1 Answers ]

How to calculate price per share

How do I calculate the Price per share of a common stock using these variables? [ 6 Answers ]

Sales = 10,000 units Sales Price per unit = $10 Variable Cost per unit = $5 Fixed Costs = $10,000 Bonds Outstanding = 15,000 Kd = on Outstanding Bonds = 8% Tax Rate = 40% Shares of Common Stock Outstanding = 10,000 Beta = 1.4 Krf = 5%

High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs [ 4 Answers ]

To Whom: Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they...

View more questions Search