Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynn19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Terminate parental rights
    How do I go about terminating my exs parental rights for our son if he's willing to do it. Do I go to a notary or what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
    First it may not even be possible. But you will both have to hire an attorney and make a motion in court.

Remember giving up rights, does not stop child support, so he will still have to pay child support, unless there is a new partner to adopt the child.

If he does not want any rights, that is easy, he just never comes to see the child, and never calls, that is real easy and no court is needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to terminate my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know how to terminate my parental rights to my kids who hate me and refuse to visit .

Terminate parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

My son who is 15, used to live with me and my wife. I had physical custody. He became violent and disruptive and very hard to handle. My exwife moved him in with her for a while, but he also got into trouble there. To make a long story short,he now lives with my ex brother in law and he now has...

My Ex Wants to terminate my parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I was married in MS ten years ago and the two of us had a daughter we were married until my daughter was 3, then she decided she wanted a divorce, for about a year after the divorce I had my daughter almost all the time, then she met a guy, every since then they have done everything to take away my...

Terminate parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a child who has never had contact with her father. He left me when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I want to know what I need to do to terminate parental rights in Texas.

Dyfs wants to terminate my parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: I need to find out if anyone is familiar with this subject... in NJ.. Need advice ASAP!! 5 Children and 1 is a newborn!! Have comleted all services in 13 months that dyfs has given us * parenting * counseling * family counseling * Indivual counseling My husband completed a...

View more questions Search