Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirschnere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society
    I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.
    SheilaP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 10:07 AM
    I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "Route de Dieppe" and number 105 SLZ, signed in pencil by Lacomte P.9
    Also in the back is written in pen F616 - P or J 160, not sure what it means and has a printed stamp that reads: Made in France. I am not familiar with Etchings but I could not find another one similar to mine. Also in the original frame, has a label that says is a original paris etching society, which was sold long time ago at Sears?? Is this of any value? Thank you, I appreciate your help ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Etching by Paul Emile Lecomte [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original etching by paul emile lecomte, "Pont sur la Neve" (Brige onteh Neve River). Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you.

Etching by Paul Emile Lecomte [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte. It is titled Old house in Bourgogne France. It has a Label on the back from Paris Etching Society. It also has 3 script initials, S,Z,and L in a circle on that label. The label states it is a genuine etching by Lecomte. I was inquiring on...

Paul Emile Lecomte/Paris Etching Society [ 1 Answers ]

Are these pictures by the Paris Ething Society worth anything?

Paris Etching Society: Paul Emile LeCompte [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know something about this artist. I have a signed etching signed "P. E. LeCompte." The title is "Willow Trees."

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search