Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorab915 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
    How to move forward
    Ok, I get that I'm in a rut and have only had 2 major relationships in my 44 years. I've been hurt badly by the last one. My questions are 1. how do you move forward and 2. ewhere do you meet new men? I really don't have girlfriends - my 2 exes were pretty controlling and now I realize that they kept me to themselves until they were done with me.
    pliskin Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Nov 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Don't look for new men, look for a new you. Enjoy yourself. Take a class, get out and experience the world. Then you will end up meeting someone. If you go looking for it, you will only end up in the same trap. Take care of you and love will find you. The fact that your two major relationships were with controlling men also says something about you. Not trying to be mean but you ended up with controlling men which probably means you need to feel better about yourself before looking again. Learn to really love yourself!
    misterk Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Pliskin is right. Just go out and do things you like. It'll happen naturally as long as you don't stay home.
    Barbid Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Nov 25, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorab915
    Ok, I get that I'm in a rut and have only had 2 major relationships in my 44 years. I've been hurt badly by the last one. My questions are 1. how do you move forward and 2. ewhere do you meet new men? I really don't have girlfriends - my 2 exes were pretty controlling and now I realize that they kept me to themselves until they were done with me.
    I am in the same boat. I had some many friends.. I am sure they are still there but they probably feel like any time John leaves, that is when I contact them. For 4 years I stayed home to be with him. Try to call old friends and see if you can get together. Don't close yourself in your home.
    rachel101 Posts: 77, Reputation: 19

Mar 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
    I think you've received great advice. I totally agree with not looking for a man but just being active and enjoying activities solo and the right one will come along. Keep an eye on your local newspaper or local websites that list activities in your area and start attending the activities you might enjoy. It's sort of awkward at first but it becomes more comfortable but the important thing is to live a life, your life. Don't just shut down and vegitate... it's not healthy for the soul. If you don't have outside interests then develop some but stay active.
    The trick is to be whole and happy while alone, then when you do meet someone they are attacted to you because you are a whole person.
    Good luck on your quest. Hope you find your match.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Celebrate your new freedom, by doing the things that make you happy, without a guy to control you. Love yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too forward maybe? [ 7 Answers ]

I was on a date with another guy. While sitting at the bar, we started talking to a couple next to us. They were on a second date. Well... I found the other guy extremely attractive and wanted to know more about him. So... he told me he is a member of an online dating site. I emailed him when...

Forward ports [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have forwared a port on my router and I now need to forward a port in my firewall program ( zone alarm ) and my virus program ( Avg free adition ) does anyone know how to do this

Tractor will not move forward [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman LT1000 Kohler 160HV the belt came off the rear pulley, we were able to get it back on that pulley but the tractor will still not go forward or backward.

Transmission -want move forward [ 1 Answers ]

I have 97 f-350 4x4- transmission want move in forward gear but will back up fluid level is correct and don't smell burnt.

View more questions Search