Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2953 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Removing shower base
    How can I remove an existing acrylic shower base from the drain pipe connection. I am afraid to damage the pipe if I pull it.it is loose from all sides but from the drainage. Thanks.
    Turtul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2953
    how can i remove an existing acrylic shower base from the drain pipe connection. i am afraid to damage the pipe if i pull it.it is loose from all sides but from the drainage. thanks.
    There should be a metal drain ring that screws from the inside of the incloser into the drain pipe. It compresses the shower basin to the drain pipe. If you look inside the drain flange you will see two notches, if you get a regular screw driver and a hammer you should be able to position the screw driver tip into the notch on an angle so that when you tap it the screw driver with the hammer you will unscrew the flange. Don't over hammer just tap it gently and remember to move in the right direction. Remember the old rule of thumb its righty tighty and lefty loosey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing an older, shower base [ 2 Answers ]

Hello folks, In the process of renovating our master bath, I have run into a difficulty getting the shower base out. The shower base seems to be a concrete/small stone aggregate. The drain plumbing in the rest of the house is copper, and from what I can see the shower drain also appears to be...

Removing drain assembly from shower, relacing shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove part of the old drain assembly that has been glued to the drain pipe that comes up from the slab floor.

Shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a shower base on a concrete slab. Do I need to set the base in thin set or can I just set it on top of the slab and nail it to the wall studs? The shower base has foam underneith it for support.

Shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a new shower base over a concrete surface, however the surface is not a normal size for a standard shower base nor is the drain located in the center of the floor. How do I re-route the plumbing to reach the drain, do I elevate the shower base using 2 x 4's and cement boards to...

Removing shower base in basement [ 6 Answers ]

We are replacing a shower in the basement 32 x 48. We finally got the base off by cutting around it to get it out because the center drain connection was so attached we couldn't remove it any other way. I have photos attached. We are chiseling away now to get to the bottom of this brass drain...

View more questions Search