Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirley116 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
    2 hard drives
    I have 2 hard drives in my 3ghz 512 video memory and 1 ghz of RAM but my computer run slow do I need more RAM.:)
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Nov 28, 2007, 12:31 AM
    Well that would depend on what kind of OS you use, and what you have installed on your computer.
    Windows XP should work fine with 1GB of memory, for Vista Basic I recommend a minimum of 1.5GB and Vista Premium 2GB or more. (Allways take Microsoft min and recommended requirement for memory, times 1.5/2)
    Another reason could be installed fonts, if you use Graphic Programs like Corel or Adobe.
    A lot of installed fonts will slow down a computer significantly. Another good thing to is change the location of the page file to the Hard drive that is not loading the OS. Check your taskmanager also for programs that start up on boot and remain in memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two hard drives [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a computer with Windows ME installed on the slave drive,and I just installed Windows XP Home on the Master drive. What I would like to be able to do is use either OS I want. Rght now I can use the XP home OS but not the Windows ME OS. I can open the drive with Windows ME on it by going...

Hard drives [ 4 Answers ]

What gb hard drive for age 17+

Hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a problem this question,the bad sector and the bad cluster of the hard disk? I am so worry about this,please help me to solve this question. Thanks

Hard drives [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean my hard drive and reinstall windows and hardware. How Thanks Fred ? :-/

Hard Drives [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question on SATA Hard Drives. I am planning on installing 1 SATA Drive, and I have 1 IDE drive also, I want to use, Which would be the Master, or can it be either, I know with IDE you use Slot 1 for Master and then if you want to have a slave. But with SATA I am not sure how that...

View more questions Search