Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s10den Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 07:12 AM
    wiring a GE electric motor
    HI, I have a GE motor on my table saw that was wired for 220vac. I want to change it back to 110vac. Problem is that the wiring plate is missing. Motor number is 5KC49TG1458X IT'S A 2HP motor

Currently it has the following wires connected

motor has 4 threaded studs marked 1-2-3-4- Power in is green to ground,white to #4 and black to #1
    The motor wires are as follows Orange to #3 and Blue to #4 This is the way it is connected for 220vac.

I need to know what goes where for 110vac

Thanks for any help
    Denny
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 07:28 AM
    See if the single phase diagrams here will help:
    http://catalog.wegelectric.com/img/Wiring_Diagrams.pdf

Nov 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I called GE and they told me to take it to an electric shop!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 01:41 PM
    One of the wealthiest corporations in the world, and that's what you get.

Did the diagrams help?

Nov 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
    I realize l1 is power from the switch, however I only have 2 wires coming out of the motor itself a orange and a blue. There on 3 &4 which I believe is high voltage side. Does that mean the 1&2 are the Low Voltage side? Hard to figure out without the plate!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:06 PM
    I went to GE's site, they had no idea or info on those numbers, I would think they would have. Too much bottom line?
    There is a site that handles reversible and dual voltage motors for davits. Hope this info helps: GEM REMOTES Homepage
    Click "Wiring diagrams", then click "Download Diagrams". Scroll to bottom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow down 12v electric motor speed [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 12v electric motor (windshield wiper motor) that I am trying to slow the rpms on. This is not still in a vehicle. I've mounted it to a coffin and am using it to pull the lid closed as it makes a revolution therefore making a coffin that opens & closes itself. Thought of trying a pot but...

Reverse rotation electric motor [ 8 Answers ]

How do I reverse the direction of rotation of a bench grinder. I want to use it for sharpening of wood-working tools and have been told the direction the grinding wheels spin should be counter-clockwise:confused:

Slowing down an electric motor [ 13 Answers ]

I have an electric motor that rotates at 1750 rpm and I would like to slow it to maybe 100n rpm. Is that possible with out gearing?I am looking for an affordable solution. Thank you. Paul

Electric motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hayward motor c48k2n143b1 and I cut the wires from the breaker switch to put a intamatic timer in the system. Somehow I rewired it wrong it keeps burning out the clock timer. It will run manually. But something is wrong. It has a green (ground?)and two red. So I have two red wires that...

Motor wiring? [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: Perhaps someone here can help me, I bought a small GE 120v electric motor for a replacement for a machine. It has 3 three wires (red, yellow,blue) and requires a 10mf capacitor. My best guess was to wire it with Blue to line , red-line & cap, and yellow on the other cap term. But it runs very...

View more questions Search