Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I remember those days, Craig. Boone's Farm was not even a dollar back in "the days". OY! Suffice to say I cannot even look at a bottle now without getting sick. lol
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! And, I also commiserate with you! :D Do you think that we went for the Boone's Farm because we were young and it was so sweet? :confused:
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 25, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! And, I also commiserate with you! :D Do you think that we went for the Boone's Farm because we were young and it was so sweet? :confused:
    Yes, but I think it had more to do with the cost than anything... cheers
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Hello Momma:

Have you tried Two Buck Chuck? I don't think that's the real name. But, they'll know what you're talking about at Trader Joes. I hear it's pretty good.

excon
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Momma:

Have you tried Two Buck Chuck? I don't think that's the real name. But, they'll know what you're talking about at Trader Joes. I hear it's pretty good.

excon

I haven't... I shall look... LOL

If it helps I know that it was bought from Albertsons... hhehe
    :eek:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Spreading the rep to Clough - yes, it was cheap, sweet, and we were but foolish babes in the woods. Lol There were also two girls who lived in the dorm, above my room, and they were able to buy Old Mil - a 24 pack for $1.99. Of course, it was warm, no refrigerator in the dorms. Oh the great days of college. Lol
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Hey hon,

So what is "cheap"..? For me, that used to mean I got a really nice, drinkable bottle of red for under $9 (six years ago)... now, I tend to feel all warm inside if I get a really nice... OK, decent-nice... bottle under $14...

Latest favs are coppola's silver label pinot noir at about $12 with commonly run discounts for red and for white I'm feelin' estancia pinot grigio big time for about $9... give or take two.

Say all you want about pinot noir and the "sideways effect"... coppola's is very drinkable without being boring. Been buying the heck out of it since last year.

As for your request... sorry, hon... I'm of no good to you, but that's still not reason enough not to talk your way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spilt wine [ 2 Answers ]

HELP How can I get spilt red wine out of a cream carpet - the stain has now dried

Wine [ 3 Answers ]

I don't drink, so all wine tastes the same to me. However, I do cook with it. IF a cake recipe calls for sherry or brandy, which of the following would be the closest to it. Cabernet sauvegon, burgundy, chadonnay, marsala, maderia. I have all these but not sherry or brandy.

View more questions Search