Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casper07 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2007, 09:45 PM
    High school drop out
    I dropped out of school a month ago because my dad kicked me out because he's abusive and now I live with a friend I'm 18years old and have no idea what to do in order to get a car if I have no kind of transportation to a job... I'm just lost and really don't know what to do? What should I do? Please help I want to get out of this hole and prove them wrong:( :)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
    He kicked you out because he's abusive? Glad you're out of there then. What you should do is go back to high school, very few places will hire a dropout.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Do you and your friend go to the same high school?

Nov 23, 2007, 10:13 PM
    No my friend dropped out because she lives with her boyfriend(n idea y?) but I don't want to drop out... :( and she works fulltime but there not hiring at her job

Nov 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
    I don't have a ride 2 school because I don't have a car abd my friend and her b/f have one car to go towork so I'm pretty much stuck at the house you know
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Do you have a lot of friends at school?

Nov 23, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Not really reason being bacause I switched schools and they already graduated and I was suppose to graduate this December :(
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:20 PM
    The reason that I asked about friends at school was because maybe you could get a ride with someone to school. Is that possible?

Nov 23, 2007, 10:33 PM
    No... I tried ?
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:35 PM
    How far is where you are living away from the school? Any bus routes that go by where you are living and also close enough to the school so that you could walk part of the way?

Nov 23, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Well I'm living with my friend and dats in the northside of ft.worth and my school is in northrichland hills area

Nov 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Dats 2 different cities and I don't think I can walk that far lol- I don't know what to do? Should I just get my g.ed ? Its just hat I'm sooo close! :) I have 20 credits
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by casper07
    dats 2 different cities and i dont think i can walk that far lol- i dunno what to do? should i just get my g.ed ? its just hat im sooo close! :) i have 20 credits
    Yes, you are close as far as getting your diploma! It sure would be nice to actually complete your high school education and go through a graduation!

What about speaking with some officials at a high school that is nearby to you and seeing if you could enroll there in order to finish things?

Where is your mother?

Nov 23, 2007, 10:46 PM
    My mom takes my dads side because she's scared of him and what do you mean by officials at school? Like the counselor? What should I do about job wise?
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by casper07
    my mom takes my dads side because shes scared of him and what do you mean by officials at school? like the counselor? what should i do about job wise?
    You're 18 years old. Correct? I don't know this for a fact, but it's something that you might want to ask people at a school. Since you are 18 then it might be possible for you to enroll at another high school without your parents being involved.

By officials at a school, I mean anyone in the office. Counselors would be okay to.

I would worry about finishing up the school stuff first rather than the job thing. It's going to be much, much easier for you to get a job once you have that high school diploma or equivalent. And, you are so close to graduating...

Nov 23, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Yeagh I know!! Thanxs so much I'm just lost you know and still surprised I'm on my own now you know its crazy I'm so glad you can have the time to help me thank you I really appreciate this and I wish you well :)
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 11:03 PM
    You are of course welcome for the help! :)

Are you going to go and speak with someone at a high school that is near to you to see what your options might be? I sure hope that you are going to do that!
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 11:17 PM
    I'm going to go now for awhile, casper07. Please do think about speaking with someone at a high school that is nearby. I know that this is a very rough time for you. You can always reach out to people here who will give you advice. We are always glad to help! :)

Nov 23, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Yes I will do that I just want to go on with my life and go far and I if I have any questions I will just ask thank you so much :)
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Excellent answer above! Cool! You will go far if you make the right choices and also take the appropriate action that is needed! :)

I would really appreciate it if you would post here after you have spoken with the people at the school and let us know how things went. Okay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would a senior guy in high school go out with a sophomore girl in high school? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school and I like this senior guy in my school. Last year I went out with this guy who was my age and he was way to imature for me, and wasn't looking for a real relationship, it somethimes seemed to be a friends with benefits thing then a relationship, all he ever wanted...

Freashman at high school [ 16 Answers ]

Well there are a couple of things... 1. what should I wear to the first day of school? 2. I'm just starting hs and ik a lot of people. But I've never gone to school w/ any of the kids going there. Some are nice and some are different. I like all the kids I know which is pretty much all the...

Continue high school or just get a GED [ 3 Answers ]

We live in New York. My son is going to be 18 this July. He is somewhat still a Freshman in high school.(or barely Sophomore) due to his credits. He repeated 5th grade. He failed classes Freshman year of high school. (as to why he was lacking credits) He always had to go to summer schools. I...

Major high school headache [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so here's the thing, I'm starting high school in a few months I mean I'm already finishing eighth grade, but the thing is, my mom put me in a school I DESPISE for eighth grade an dits a high school also, she says she's keeping me in it for good.. well until I graduate 12. What in the world do...

View more questions Search