Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homerun9089 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2005, 04:57 PM
    Help Again and update
    So for people who saw my last post I would like to have an update so my question is a little clearer.
    When I asked the coach he told me that he didn't get to watch me enough so he didn't really evaluate. So he put me against two of the best players in our school who are both about 6 foot. Them against me who's 5 4 and I kid maybe a inch or two taller then me.
    He said he saw some good stuff in that but he saw a lot of stuff that needed improvement. Im thinking no kidding you put with a kid who stinks against kids who r 8 inches taller then me. Maybe its me, but that's stupid.

So basically my question is, What can I do or what should I do to get the coaches anntention so he will watch me at tryouts?

Also if any one knows how to improve defensive footwork.

Thanks a lot to anyone who replys to this or reads it.
    Air J Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2005, 05:53 PM
    What does height mean? Seriously? You should be a lot more quick then them also just improve your vertical leap that's why I gaurded people like half a foot or more taller every game. I shut them down rebounding and scoring. Another thing it seems like you have no confidence, work on that

"if you belive you can or belive you can't your probaly right"

Whatever was bad you should improve like if he said passing was your problem get out there with friends and pass the ball a lot more to them just so you can improve on it.

So basically my question is, What can I do or what should I do to get the coaches anntention so he will watch me at tryouts?
    Dive for balls hustle don't try to show off but show off(whatever your best at do.

Also if any one knows how to improve defensive footwork.
    Go around in your defense of stance and slide across the court never try to run when soemoens driving you'll most likely trip over yourself or them and get a foul called on you.

More later...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2005, 08:09 AM
    Coaches
    HI,
    The reason the coach put you up against the tallest players he has is because when you play another team, guess who you will be up against... taller players!
    No, it's not unreasonable that your coach did this on purpose. If you have potential, and can move fast, your height won't matter. One of the best basketball players I ever saw in High School was a foot shorter than the others, but was much, much faster on his feet.
    Your coach is being realistic. If you are faster than they are, you would be an asset to the team. If you are slower than a 6 foot player, then you have two things against you: 1). Slowness and 2). Can't shoot a ball over their heads!
    I do wish you good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ok update [ 1 Answers ]

Well since I last posted I went to the docs had a pap and she was pushing on stomach I have to go in on Monday to have a internal ultra sound But now I'm spotting brown since last night but its more brown since last night

Update [ 13 Answers ]

I just got home from the dr appointment. I was schedualed to see a nurse practitioner, but they had me see my dr who was in the office anyway. He said everything is normal... lol... I'm so relieved. The reason he gave for the discharge was because of double the hormones. The contractions are normal...

XP update [ 12 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I download the service pack 2 (update) for windows xp and I restart the computer it says error? And a blu page popup telling that windows has encounter a problem and it can not be started What do I have to do I try the same thing 4 times and the problem persist...

View more questions Search