Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelnjess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
    How to check if businesses are real or scams?
    Hi, I've been contacted by a company called wakefield lieberman, they are based in switzerland they have an email address and web site and stuff but I don't know how to check them out and see if they are real, they have offered we stocks but it would cost be 700 pound which I want to invest but can't afford to loose completely, does anyone know how to check them out or heard of them before
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Googling them finds only their site plus a non-related link.

I would NOT do business with a company that is that small or obscure.

That is my opinion in general. I am not speaking of, to or about the company you name.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
    If you have been contacted by a company with which you have no previous business relationship then you have to ask yourself "why did they pick me?". The answer is often that they did not pick you, they spam the internet trolling for people to scam.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Looks like BS to me. There is no address nor CEO information. I could put together a website that looks like that in one afternoon - and I am a amateur at best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
    As noted, real companies don't do spam emails to get people to invest.

They would have their stock listed on the stock exchange, or have private investment companies that do the investment, Of course they are a scam.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Pump and Dump. Plain and simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modeling scams [ 42 Answers ]

HELP!! My husband just signed up with Model Search America for a convention in Vegas. They are charging $1200 for this! Does anyone have experience with this company or know anything about the business? Everything about it feels like a scam... HELP.

My Businesses [ 1 Answers ]

I do computer repair, or a game system repair, auto repair, off-road vehicle repair, etc... *** advertising information has been deleted. Father Chuck

Businesses for sale [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a good website for cheap businesses for sale. With businesses for sale on the Gold Coast (QLD AUSTRALIA) if you do please reply

Finding out about scams [ 4 Answers ]

What is the page where you can find out if those notices you get that says don't open this or that is a scam or not?

View more questions Search