Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jt14621 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Ex broke up with me after 4 years hard to get over
    Well I was dating this girl for 4 years and it was very rocky the first 2 years were great we got along. We broke up after a couple times before during the relationship in which she left once and wanted to see other people but found that the guy that she was interested in didn't want a relationship and she came back to me. Anyway I took her back and about a year ago we got engaged and moved in with each other like 7 months ago but it seemed I was uncertain about the marriage she would want to talk about it but I kept avoiding it. She soon felt that the relationship wasn't going anywhere we started to fight a lot and argue she couldn't take it anymore and thought that are personalities just clash and we are not right for each other and are just comfortable. She told me she didn't want to date me anymore. So she broke up with me 1.5 month ago. She then told she had a new boyfriend like 4 days after we broke up and of course I looked on her freakin myspace and there he was. Well she called me and texted me during the first couple weeks of the break up telling me about the boyfriend or trying to have friendly chit chat. She moved back with her parents but we still have the apt. together she still has to pay half the rent though. She told me she is really happy and not stressed out she said she isn't love with the new guy but you never know. Anyway I decided to end contact and put everything that reminded me of her in bags and put them away. I had been two weeks since I had contact with her she didn't call me or anything until 11/21 before thanksgiving just wishing me a happy thanksgiving. I just sent one back doing the same but its just hard because I still love this girl despite what has happened. I wish I had a chance to fix what happened but she has moved on with this new and its hard not talking to her everyday when she couldn't go a day without talking to me or calling me. I don't know if I want her back or if I'm just lonely or jealous
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Please read my survival guide below.

Hang in there.

Your life sounds a bit of a mess. I'd focus on career and future plans. This girl is not ready for you and you are not ready for her it seems...

Nov 23, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    Please read my survival guide below.

Hang in there.

Your life sounds a bit of a mess. I'd focus on career and future plans. This girl is not ready for you and you are not ready for her it seems....

Thanks the guide seemed to help. I have had no contact with her for 2 weeks but I just didn't understand out all that time she could have contacted me she text me to wish me happy thanksgiving I just don't get it is she just trying to be nice?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 10:53 AM
    YES. SHE IS TRYING TO BE NICE!!!

THAT IS VERY COMMON.
    (afterall you spent 4 years together)

To gain control you have to remove all control. Then you will see things more clearly.

Say what you have to say (if you have not already -- I hope you have) and go silent. 100% NC. Take her off your myspace etc.

Then, only respond if you hear what you want to hear.

Nov 24, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    YES. SHE IS TRYING TO BE NICE!!!

THAT IS VERY COMMON.
    (afterall you spent 4 years together)

To gain control you have to remove all control. Then you will see things more clearly.

Say what you have to say (if you have not already -- i hope you have) and go silent. 100% NC. take her off your myspace etc.

then, only respond if you hear what you want to hear.

Well that's what I thought. Anyway like 130am I missed a call from my ex and she left a voicemail asking me why I'm talking junk about her to her friend and she mentioned his name. The guy works at a restaurant me and my brother went to a month ago. I didn't talk junk to the guy about her. He said hi to me and asked me about her and I said we broke up and she is with another guy and I asked if he has seen her and he said no. I don't know were the heck she got me talking junk about her from. She said in the voicemail I can call her or email her. I think that's messed up I don't know what to do. Call her or just ignore it? Childish if you ask me I haven't talked to her in like 2 weeks and this is what I get

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up 1.5 years ago and still can't get over it! Tips? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 23 y.o. male. I "officially" broke up with my ex-gf 1.5 years ago. Prior to that, we had been together for 4 years all throughout college and I was DEEPLY in love with her. The first two years of our relationship (freshman/soph years) went great. In the last 2, we started having more...

I am 24/m can't get over Ex Girlfriend (of 4 years) just broke up 3-4 weeks ago [ 11 Answers ]

Well this is how it all started. I went to a bar with my friends and she was at the bar I was at. She was talking to one of her x flings and I got all pissed off. So I walked up to her and I was like what the hell are u doing. She was like nothing don't worry about me. Then throguh out the whole...

Still living with girlfriend of 3 years who broke up with me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, It's been two and a half weeks since the love of my life broke up with me and things aren't getting any easier... if anything, they're getting harder and harder as my hopes for reconciliation dwindle. We were together for 3 years and lived together for 2.5 of them. I'm 25 (she's 33)...

My girlfriend of two years broke up with me for no reason and I really want her back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys so my girlfriend she's the love of my life and I'm crazy about her, but since we been togather in these last two years she has left me 4 times and I have never left her I can never stay mad at her. The first 3 times she left and came back were understandable reasons I guess I forgave her...

My girlfriend of two years broke up with me. How do I get her attracted to me again? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my ex girlfriend of two years broke up with me after getting moved into college dorms. She isn't on the lookout for any guys and said she needed time to :figure things out". It has been almost a month since the breakup and we were talking on the phone almost every night and would see each...

View more questions Search