Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    messyjesse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Push ups and Chin Ups
    Hey,

I have been training for about 2 months now on my push ups mainly involving a lot of girlie push ups (on knees) and weight training. I originally started not being able to do any, AND I still can't 2 months down the track. My friend however progressed quite quickly and got there no problem. I also have a little bit of trouble with my technique with keeping my body in a vertical line.

Is there any different advice to what I already have stated that anyone could share with me? Also I heard that it could have a lot to do with your core strength, so I have been doing the occasional bridge. Does this help much and should I be doing more?

With chin ups, I am curious as to what weight training exercises would help increase my strength to help me progress in them. I use the pull up machine at the gym with the weights to assist me, but I don't want to have to rely on that only as part of my training exercise for chin ups. I currently cannot do any, and would like to be able to do one by at least end of December.

Any useful information would be massively and GREATLY appreciated. This is kind of a last resort as I am becoming desperate... :( :confused:
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Nov 24, 2007, 12:21 AM
    I strongly suggest that you invest $50 (give or take) and consult with a certified personal trainer or exercise physiologist.

Chin ups are very difficult, and the vast majority of people simply cannot do them. Then again, my great uncle could do as many chin ups as he was in years old (74 at age 74), so some of it has to do with genetic make-up and inherent muscle fibers.

My point is, don't stress out over it. Everyone is different, so don't compare yourself to your friend. The good news is that you are actually working towards a goal, so that means you're intelligent and motivated.

Consult with a trainer, even if it's just for a session or two. They will show you how to reach your goals for push-ups and chin-ups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chin ups [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 30 year old male (67 kgs not overweight for 5'9" height). I recently tried to do chin ups for the first time. I could not lift myself up even once :( . I found this surprising (shameful rather) because even small kids were going up and down 10 - 15 times on each trial :-[. How can I...

Pop ups [ 2 Answers ]

Hi floks I hope some one can hlp ; when I'm on the internet using AOL I keep getting INTERNET EXPLORER pop ups of all sorts of web sites how can I stop this HELP HELP its driving me mad:):confused:

Break ups [ 12 Answers ]

BREAK UPS If you just found yourself in a break-up, ask yourself what you can do in the interim and see if this is critical for your overall life. (A big question, but ultimately what the relationship is about.) MOST RELATIONSHIPS GO UP AND DOWN, AND MOST WILL NOT BE YOUR LAST. If you are...

Pop-Ups [ 5 Answers ]

How can I block pop-up ads on windows-98? I can't even use computer for all of them?

View more questions Search