Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
    How does it infect?
    Hi pals
    Can you please tell me when a male has sex with female , normally its OK if the same person has sex with another gal then does he get infected with AIDS? If so how actually the infection occurs? ;)
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Dec 3, 2005, 03:01 AM
    Sexual relations and AIDS
    Hello again Srinath (STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ),

Having unprotected sex with either a man or a woman you don't know does not necessarily mean you cannot get the HIV (AIDS) virus.

If a man has unprotected sexual intercourse with a woman or man who is already infected with the AIDS (HIV) virus it is very possible for him to also become infected. If he then has unprotected sex with another woman or man without the virus, it is possible for that person to also become infected.

HIV is transmitted when infected blood, semen, vaginal fluids, or breast milk enters another person's body.

Another rife way in which the AIDS virus is transmitted is by those people with a drug addiction using infected needles.

When the virus was first diagnosed many people contracted AIDS through infected blood transfusions which were carried out in the normal course of operations, etc. This is now extremely rare in countries where the screening of the blood is performed.

Anyone wishing to have sexual relations with someone they do not know well is strongly advised to take the proper precautions to cut down the risk of HIV infection.

For more information on the transmission of AIDS (HIV) please visit:

Transmission of AIDS

I hope this has helped you.

Poseidon
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2005, 04:39 AM
    Aids
    Hi,
    Poseidon has a great answers.
    I would just like to add some information that I heard on the National Network TV news the other night:
    At least 6 people per minute die, worldwide, from AIDS.
    That's 8,640 people, worldwide, every 24 hours.
    40 Million people are now infected with this dreaded disease.
    Hopefully, sometime soon, someone will find a cure for it; not just something as currently exists, to just slow it down.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Dec 3, 2005, 02:32 PM
    Having unprotected sex with is a gamble in itself. It is easier for a woman to contract HIV from a man than it is for a man to contract it from a woman. On the account that his bodily fluids are deposited directly into her vagina. BUT... A MAN CAN STILL CONTRACT THE DISEASE FROM A WOMAN DON"T MISUNDERSTAND ME PLEEEZEE.
    It is said that you can not contract the disease by kissing another person but upon further studies it has been proven that you can by what is called "Deep throat kissing" you are still exchanging bodily fluids this way.
    When a HIV positive woman gives birth to a baby, the child will be HIV positive but on the account that there immune system is so immature, they have a 50/50 chance of shedding the virus.
    You can contract the disease by the exchange of ANY bodily fluid from an HIV person. Please be careful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search