Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Calculating the selling of Bonds
    Hi, can someone help me out on this question. I am kind of new at doing bonds. Thanks :)

A bond with a face value of 1000 bears interest at 10 % payable semi-annually. The bond matures on Aug 1 2009. What is the selling price of the bond on April 18, 2007, to yield 9% compoundd semi-annually??
    qcmar24 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 25, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by missl
    Hi, can someone help me out on this question. I am kind of new at doing bonds. Thanks :)

A bond with a face value of 1000 bears interest at 10 % payable semi-annually. The bond matures on Aug 1 2009. What is the selling price of the bond on April 18, 2007, to yield 9% compoundd semi-annually???
    To help you answer this Qs I need to know when the did you buy the bond or how many years does it take for the bond to mature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when...

View more questions Search