Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doitnow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2004, 06:32 AM
    Adobe Framemaker OS 9, OS X Distiller
    Hi-
    I'm running Adobe Framemaker on Mac OS 9 (classic). I also have Adobe 6.0 prof. on OS X.

I'm trying to print my framemaker file (.fm) to a .pdf. In OS9, I get the error, "cannot find distiller." Distiller 6.0 is installed (but in OS X). Am I missing something? Shouldn't distiller work "backwards" for OS 9's application? Or do I need to go find an older distiller version for OS 9?

many thanks,
    lab
    bausman Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jan 20, 2006, 07:27 PM
    OS 9 is not going to be able to run an OS X application (the backwards thing you refer to.) You will need a version of distiller that runs in OS 9. Have you tried saving it as a Word doc (will probably only work for small documents) and then having word create the PDF is OS X?

Your other option, forgive me, is to cross-grade your license to windows and work it there if you have a PC. I would only stoop so low because FrameMaker is such a great program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe pagemaker [ 4 Answers ]

I have already searched it on net but nothing was satisfactory. Actually, I am not able to run Adobe Pagemaker program until I go to Task Manager and end the Rundll32.exe process. After ending this process only I am able to run Pagemaker and my system also gets fast after killing this process. I...

Anyone knows adobe.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi to all, I want to know how to add fonts in adobe illustrator and photoshop :) is that too much hehehe have a nice day... Thankz...

Acrobat Distiller [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am working with a QuarkXpress document on a MAC laptop, when I try to turn the document in to a PDF, all the fonts go unknown. I am not sure why this is when they are all in the Fonts, System folder and they all work when I am working with the document. I got all the files and fonts...

View more questions Search