Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2005, 11:39 AM
    Age of website
    Hi pals
    I want to know the age of web-site, I meant to say when the site was made? When was
    Its domain registered? And how I can check about informations of perticular site
    Regarding this topic? Is there any method to know about it? Is there any trick
    That will show me what is the original establishment date of site?

Another thing, I want to make one site now, but I want to show it as it is
    Working for last 10 years, so what should I do that people can not trace when the site was actually made?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 07:12 AM
    Why would you want to mislead people as to it's age?

People don't go to websites based on their age. They go based on the content.

A popular site is what you want. It's contents will be what can make it popular; not the age of it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2005, 07:43 AM
    This is an excellent site for looking at the development of websites dating from 1996 to present day.

You can always try a WHOIS lookup on a site to see their registration details

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ
    Another thing, I want to make one site now, but i want to show it as it is
    working for last 10 years, so what should i do that people can not trace when the site was actually made?
    What you are proposing here is illegal as it is fraud!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2005, 11:19 AM
    Most of the volunteers here are ethical people. We will not help with anything unethical or illegal.

You can do a WhoIs lookup at any registrar site. That will tell you when the current owner registered the domain. The site Ben linked you to may give a history of when the site was put up and its changes.

Neither method is a 100% accurate reading. But trying to trick people into thinking your site has been up longer than it has is at best unethical and at worst illegal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Website traffic [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best way to get FAST website traffic without spending a fortune on pay per click?

Music website [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a website where I can listen to full length songs for free? Even if you don't know the answer, reply because I like getting replys

Music website [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website where I can listen to full length songs for free?

Using ask me website [ 8 Answers ]

How can I use this website,step by step please,and how can I ask anonymously.thx a lot

View more questions Search