Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FallenKnight Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Am I an Idiot for wanting her back?
    Almost a year ago, I fell for this girl that I met through a mutual friend,when I met her she currently had a boyfriend, but about two-three weeks later things between him and her ended. About two days later I was in a room alone with her, and we hit it off instantly, we talked and then ended up with me laying on top of her, kissing with an insane amount of passion. (Kissing is all that happened). After that night I felt a little.. wierd, for doing that.
    We were friends, and she came over to my house a few times a week after that incident, and we also spent time together at our mutual friends house. After about a month I was at her house, and things went to a deeper level, which ended up with us laying on her bed, I didn't want to do anything, because she wasn't officially "mine", so I asked her to be mine. She was so surprised, but she said yes immediately. Prom was two days after that day, and about a week after prom, I lost my virginity to her. I felt such a deep connection with her, and she felt the same way... (or so she said). We had a very physically passionate relationship, every time we would touch it would be very heart warming. We dated for about a month and 3 weeks, and she broke it off, because we were arguing about silly things, (which was partly my fault for being an idiot). And she just couldn't take it. I begged and pleaded, and told her I would do anything to have her back. This was the first girl that I fell in love with, I've never felt so comfortable with anyone else I've had a relationship with. She took me back about two days later, saying she made a mistake and wanted to try again. This time everything was good too, but we had a few arguments and disagreements about things, and once again was fed up with it, and left me for the second time, about 3 weeks after the first break up. Again I begged and pleaded, but that didn't get me anywhere, in turn she told me she hated me, didn't like my personality, just didn't want to be my friend, didn't want me in her life. So one day I was texting one of my good friends, and accidentally texted her, (Me and my friend were talking about her, I was telling him what an idiot I was and I shouldn't have done it). A few moments later, I texted her, "Thank you for loving me, even if only for a short time" and that was that, I received a text message back from her saying "I still do." After that incident, we talked, made up and then got back on the horse for the third try, to make this relationship work. We were separated for about a week. Now, then relationship was going good for about 2 months, again she got sick of the arguments, and then broke it off again. I begged and pleaded again.. but it didn't get me anywhere, So I said to myself.. maybe it wasn't meant to be. I kept in contact with her, and we talked, we talked a lot, and in the end decided that maybe we shouldve been friends for a while until we started dating, so I agreed and we were then "friends." We hung out and such, but while we hung out I couldn't help myself, so I kept hugging her and kissing her on the cheek, flirting and saying things like "Well, were friends right? I'm not kissing you on the lips, or touching you anywhere!" A week passed and we hung out 3-4 times that week, and went to her house a few times, still "flirting" with her. One day I saw her, and we hung out, and then I had to go to my Martial arts practice, and asked if she could pick me up because I couldn't get a ride, and my car wasn't available. So she agreed. While I was at my practice, she wrote me a note. ( I didn't know that yet). She picked me up, and we went back to my place, about an hour passed and she asked if we could go take a walk, so we did.. while we were walking she sprung the note out on me, we sat down on the bench and she buried her head into her lap while I read the note. To my surprise the note said things like, she couldn't be friends, she couldn't be with out me, she wanted me back, in a way the note was asking me to be her boyfriend again. It was long and detailed, so I won't get into that. But I ended up saying Yes, and we started dating again. So... 6 months passed now and she broke the relationship off once again, it just happened this Monday, and I'm pretty badly hurt, I was with her for almost a year. She broke up with me again, because she didn't like the "drama" and she was fed up with the arguments, and she also said that I "annoyed" her. One thing she said after every breakup was that "She's not coming back"... So.. when she broke up with me for the 4th time(just this monday) I begged and pleaded, wrote her poems, tried everything I could to have her back.. Now I really am afraid that this is it, and that she won't come back... but what if she does ( it doesn't seem likely.. I wish it would) should I take her back? Because I love her.. or should I not.. because I fear that she'll break my heart again for a 5th time. Is there a possibility that I'll get her back.. or am an idiot for wanting her back... I know her fears, she knows mine, I've said I loved her, she said she's loved me. We've shared our dreams, even our beds. I've seen her cry, I've seen her smile.. I've even watched her sleep for awhile.. she's touched my heart, and my soul.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Yes, it is time to move on and stay moved on at some point and time.

About the 3rd time was one time too many if it just does not work
    But to be honest ir really is not going to matter a lot what we say here, since you already know it , but you also are stuck and will not keep the No Contact between an ex, so wanting them back is often a normal things if you don't move on.

Nov 22, 2007, 05:26 PM
    I really don't want to let go, can't anything be done about it, is there anyway I can tell if she will come back.. or if she really means it?

Nov 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Another thing is... I'm doing fine when I'm not thinking about her, which I'm trying so hard to do right now, but when I see something that reminds me of her, or think about her, or find something laying around that belonged to her, I can't help but break down.. Can someone really just lose all feelings, right after breaking up ? She broke up with me, and immediately said she knows she doesn't want to be with me. Today I found a little paper lying around where she wrote "I love you Toni =)" And I couldn't help but weep like a child. I dont know if shes telling the truth about how she feels, saying she doesn't want me, never wants to be with me again, and is completely through.. It's not that I have any problems picking up other girls, it's that I don't want anyone other than her.
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Nov 22, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Also , I am the same with no probs pikin up chicks but I don't want to pick up chicks. But guess what you need to give your ex space as I'm doing. It has been 4 months with me not calling her. She has a boyfriend in a LDR. She is lost in life right now, and I intend to be there for her always since she is the mother of my son but I will be there as her friend and nothing more. I can forgive things she has done but I will never let her and I happen again. She cannot be trusted but I still love her as a person. So learn to move on and there will be bumps but whatever just do you and make sure YOUR HAPPY BEFORE ANY ONE ELSE.. And I really mean that.

Nov 23, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Bleh... I don't want to lose her, I just want her back hah
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Dude, sit down.

Here's the facts: She was your first. And there's nothing like the first!

She also won't be the last.

And there's nothing like creating new memories with someone else.

No poem.
    No text.
    No email.
    No letter.
    No flowers.

Are going to make this right today. Chase a woman and she will only run faster.

Be glad for what you had and try to use the survival guide - and get good grades, and the rest will ltake care of itself!

Hang in there bud -

You are a sensitive guy and you care.... But that doesn't mean she is the one....

I read your entire post and she is not the one - nor should you want her to be.
    One day you'll believe it!

Nov 23, 2007, 02:12 PM
    What's love? I've always felt that I do "love" her, but I don't know if it was that feeling...

She's the first girl I've ever felt comfortable with, the first relationship that I wanted to really pursue... with other girls, the slightest turn off, would turn we away from them.. But with her, I wanted to do whatever, to see her smile, hear her laugh... I wanted to hold her hand, and kiss her so patonately. I felt so close that I even lost my innocence to her.. was this love?
    She made me feel so loved, so warm inside.
    Matteus Posts: 199, Reputation: 18

Nov 23, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenKnight
    Almost a year ago, I fell for this girl that I met through a mutual friend,when I met her she currently had a boyfriend, but about two-three weeks later things between him and her ended. About two days later I was in a room alone with her, and we hit it off instantly, we talked and then ended up with me laying on top of her, kissing with an insane amount of passion. (Kissing is all that happened). After that night I felt a little..wierd, for doing that.
    1. the reason of their breakup would be helpful, I guess.
    2. you were used as emotional flow and for her need to kiss someone (thinking about her ex), and it seems like the guy used to breakup with her.

We were friends, and she came over to my house a few times a week after that incident, and we also spent time together at our mutual friends house. After about a month I was at her house, and things went to a deeper level, which ended up with us laying on her bed, I didn't want to do anything, because she wasnt officially "mine", so I asked her to be mine. She was so suprised, but she said yes immediately. Prom was two days after that day, and about a week after prom, I lost my virginity to her. I felt such a deep connection with her, and she felt the same way...(or so she said).
    Again a rebound relationship.

We had a very physically passionate relationship, everytime we would touch it would be very heart warming. We dated for about a month and 3 weeks, and she broke it off, because we were arguing about silly things, (which was partly my fault for being an idiot). And she just couldnt take it. I begged and pleaded, and told her I would do anything to have her back. This was the first girl that I fell in love with, I've never felt so comfortable with anyone else i've had a relationship with. She took me back about two days later, saying she made a mistake and wanted to try again.
    She felt alone again, that's why she took you back. Second, you felt in love? I would say it was just lust toward her, and since she was your first.

This time everything was good too, but we had a few arguments and disagreements about things, and once again was fed up with it, and left me for the second time, about 3 weeks after the first break up. Again i begged and pleaded, but that didnt get me anywhere, in turn she told me she hated me, didnt like my personality, just didnt want to be my friend, didnt want me in her life. So one day I was texting one of my good friends, and accidently texted her, (Me and my friend were talking about her, i was telling him what an idiot i was and I shouldnt have done it). A few moments later, I texted her, "Thank you for loving me, even if only for a short time" and that was that, i received a text message back from her saying "I still do." After that incident, we talked, made up and then got back on the horse for the third try, to make this relationship work. We were seperated for about a week. Now, then relationship was going good for about 2 months, again she got sick of the arguments, and then broke it off again. I begged and pleaded again..but it didnt get me anywhere, So i said to myself.. maybe it wasnt ment to be. I kept in contact with her, and we talked, we talked a lot, and in the end decided that maybe we shouldve been friends for a while until we started dating, so i agreed and we were then "friends." We hung out and such, but while we hung out i couldn't help myself, so i kept hugging her and kissing her on the cheek, flirting and saying things like "Well, were friends right? I'm not kissing you on the lips, or touching you anywhere!" A week passed and we hung out 3-4 times that week, and went to her house a few times, still "flirting" with her. One day I saw her, and we hung out, and then i had to go to my Martial arts practice, and asked if she could pick me up because I couldn't get a ride, and my car wasn't available. So she agreed. While I was at my practice, she wrote me a note. ( I didnt know that yet). She picked me up, and we went back to my place, about an hour passed and she asked if we could go take a walk, so we did.. while we were walking she sprung the note out on me, we sat down on the bench and she burried her head into her lap while I read the note. To my suprise the note said things like, she couldnt be friends, she couldn't be with out me, she wanted me back, in a way the note was asking me to be her boyfriend again. It was long and detailed, so i wont get into that. But I ended up saying Yes, and we started dating again. So... 6 months passed now and she broke the relationship off once again, it just happened this monday, and i'm pretty badly hurt, i was with her for almost a year. She broke up with me again, because she didn't like the "drama" and she was fed up with the arguments, and she also said that I "annoyed" her. One thing she said after every breakup was that "She's not coming back"... So.. when she broke up with me for the 4th time(just this monday) I begged and pleaded, wrote her poems, tried everything I could to have her back.. Now I really am afraid that this is it, and that she wont come back...but what if she does ( it doesnt seem likely.. i wish it would) should I take her back? Because I love her.. or should I not.. because i fear that she'll break my heart again for a 5th time. Is there a possibility that i'll get her back.. or am an idiot for wanting her back....I know her fears, she knows mine, I've said i loved her, she said shes loved me. We've shared our dreams, even our beds. I've seen her cry, I've seen her smile.. I've even watched her sleep for awhile.. shes touched my heart, and my soul.
    All I see here, is about arguments. But what kind of arguments, who starts them, why, etc, isn't so explained. That may be helpful to understand the situation better! It's the 4 time she breaks up with you, and still you just can't find a way out of those problems. Would you please be more specific? It could be that she misses her ex, I don't know, but we can't come to that point of "judging" her reactions toward you, without knowing first the source of the breakup.
    Matteus Posts: 199, Reputation: 18

Nov 23, 2007, 02:34 PM
    What's love? I've always felt that I do "love" her, but i dont know if it was that feeling...

She's the first girl i've ever felt comfortable with, the first relationship that I wanted to really pursue... with other girls, the slightest turn off, would turn we away from them.. But with her, i wanted to do whatever, to see her smile, hear her laugh...i wanted to hold her hand, and kiss her so patonately. I felt so close that I even lost my innocence to her.. was this love?
    She made me feel so loved, so warm inside.
    She made you feel so loved. Love isn't only a feeling, it's a complex thing. You love your parents. You already know what love means. Means caring, means offering security, means standing up for you, means being there for you in your bad time, means comforting you, means a lot of more than just a feel and some emotions.

Nov 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
    1. The ex before me, she only dated for about a month, and then broke it off with him because he was only a "crush"...
    Now after that is when me and her "hit it off"

Let me add on thing, She told me she wanted to be single, but it was hard because she had feelings for me. So I told her I don't want her unless she knows she wants to be with me, that's why we didn't start dating, but stayed friends who felt something torwards to each other for about a month.

Her ex didn't have anything to do with my relationship with her, because to her he was a "Stepping stone"..

The arguments me and her had weren't about anything in particular, it was about silly things like me being parenoid, and making it seem like I didn't trust her. (which was soooo stupid lol).

I guess I missed something in what I wrote to start with.

When I met her, which was during the beg. Of December of last year, She was in a Long-distant relationship for about 6 months at the time with someone, and when he came down to see her (for the first time) They didn't feel the physical attraction or *butterflies* when they met, so by the end of the week of him staying down here, they broke up. (during this time she also felt guilty because she had a crush on someone) - Not even a week after the break up, the guy she had a crush on, took her on the rebound. Then broke up with him a month later. This is where I came into the picture, but I wanted to make sure that she was over the other Ex-boyfriends before we even started dating. Since then I've been the only one in her life, *Love* wise.
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Nov 23, 2007, 03:50 PM
    What did you fight about all the time if you could sort this problem out maybe you could make it work for the 5th time

Nov 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Our fights were because I've always had a problem trusting her, because she's cheated on two of her boyfriends, which she broke up with soon after.. It was my stupidity and fear that caused me not to believe her when she said she wouldn't do it to me, so we fought because of my paranoia, and always asking questions about who she's talking to, what she's talking to her friends about.. which is my fault, and I realize this mistake. Although I've told her this, but I'm it seems she won't believe me. I annoyed her, and she pretty much was sick of it.. and said I was immature and that the relationship isn't worth it.

If I may add, She is 2 years older than me, she's 19, and I am 17. I'm the first boyfriend she's had who has younger than her, and I was her most "passionate" relationship. (Physically)

I got upset/angry at her today because she doesn't want to give me another chance and won't believe me, So she basically told me to **ck off, and has blocked any form of communication I have with her, other than the phone.. but I know that if I try to contact her through the phone, she won't asnwer my texts, or pick up the phone. I don't blame her for not wanting me back... since this is the 4th time she's left me.

Another thing is.. A lot of people have told me that "I care too much".. I won't lie that I'm very emotional, caring, and loyal and sensitive. I sure don't look it, because most girls only want me for my "Charming looks" and my body. I think she's the first girl that has looked past that.

She's told that one of the major attractions she had for me, other than that I was attractive, was the I cared more for her than anyone that has ever cared for her.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
    it's only been a week.
    She has had ALL the power in this relationship.

Consider that fact, and peruse the help guide in my signature below.

Nov 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Yes.. only a week.. Another fear of mine is that in about a month, she is moving into her dorms at her college, which is about 45 minutes away. Before the break up she said that this would "test" our relationship. But now I don't know what to do now, I want to fix everything before she goes away, maybe even get back with her before she leaves... to see if the relationship is worth it, and to see if I can really trust her. But it seems/feels like she hates me
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Nov 23, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Ahh well this is a problem a lot of people have I have cheated once a long time ago now and I know for sure I would never do it again. My boyfriend is 6 years younger than me and we have a 10mnt old baby together and I find it hard to trust him as he is younger.
    The thing is if she will take you back will you do the same thing again and end up breaking up again? I really understand how you feel and jealousy is so horrible to deal with for both the people. I can't really do or say anything to help you, I could say just move on with your life but I know how hard that is, or I could say keep trying to get her back if you really want her but will you do the same thing again and be left heart broken? What you need to do is really think could I ever trust her? If not then you have to try and move on.
    Sorry this is not much help. Good luck with it all let me know how you get on. Leti

Nov 23, 2007, 04:14 PM
    I've realized my mistake, and that not trusting her was a big mistake.. I know that If I got her back, I'd want to relive the moment from when we first got together, in a sense *start-over*.. But that's not going to happen, its been 5 days since she broke up with me, and she told she "has been thinking about doing this for awhile".. after my begging and pleading, all it got me was her telling me she doesn't care anymore, and doesn't want me as a friend. I don't know if she said this and meant it. Or if it came from the heat of the moment.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Women say many things in the heat of the moment - especially when they really want to break up!

But in this case, I think it is safe to say she was being honest.

It is a good thing she is moving away so you can find a way to isolate yourself and slow your obsession and start to recover. She's broken up many times -and has come back for the ease of it... but you give more than you get - and this is a good thing for both of you.

Nov 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
    She's said all these things before, and she's said not to hope, or wait for her to come back because it probobly won't happen.

Am I to expect her to come back? If she contacts me with some form of hint that she wants me back, should I stay in control? Not saying it will
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Read the guide. You are a classic case of a guy driving a woman away.
    When a woman wants space or a guy wants space... we must give it.
    Or they'll want more space.

In your case - since she is dating someonelse I would say there is no limit to the amount of space you can give!

Don't forget: 4 break-ups!

if she contacts you do not contact her. enjoy they power if it EVER comes again... and come back here before you respond. Think long and hard and get advice. You are not thinking clearly enough yet on your own :-)

PS - A "hint" is SOOOOOO lame... you are not a cowering little girl. You need to be a man. She is not going to be attracted to a guy in the long run that she merely needs to hint to - to get back... eewwww... don't be that guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm an idiot (Fraud Under 5k) [ 2 Answers ]

I had a bad drug habbit since I was 16. Ive done a lot of stupid stuff really I have. Im being charged with something I did roughly 6 months ago in a desperation for a high and money. I wrote a check from a credit card company filled it all out falsy. Now Im caught and being charged with...

She is such an idiot [ 4 Answers ]

I've had such a bad day! This girl in my collage class is so irritating, she constantly goes on about herself and doesn't really care about anyone but herself, she is also very why and selfish, there also another girl who is really sweet when she's by herself but as soon as she's with the why girl...

I am on an emotional rollercoaster wanting him back [ 4 Answers ]

So I am an ambitious, fun, attractive 26 year old. Had a bad break up and moved to London. Finally got myself sorted and loved being single again and after 4 years of being single (apart from the odd fling here and there) I met *Daniel. Met at a work event - I asked him out on a date and that was...

I'm such an idiot [ 8 Answers ]

OK well most of you know about my situation with my ex. I just talked to him after not talking to him for about a week and I was disgusted by what he was doing. He was over to this girl maria's house. Before we broke up he told me that he thought she was hot and that he would deff. Do things with...

View more questions Search