Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Badfish90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 03:14 PM
    1979 KZ650 unsure
    I have a 1987 honda shadow 600 and I am looking for a different bike. There is a 1979 kz650 that has been sitting since 1990. I would like it to be a project bike for winter. I realize that I might have to replace the carbs, and it needs a new wiring harness. I would be paying $100 for the bike. Is this worth it? Should I be concerned on finding parts? Thank you for your comments.
    Nate
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
    If its not rusty, it probably a good deal, provided it has good compression, and was parked in working condition.
    Carbs ban be cleaned.
    I would verify this is complete wiring harness:
    Dyna 2000 Digital Performance Ignition System
    Plan on replacing tire, brakes, lubricant fork tubes(to save the seals), Fuel tank, if not salvageble, eBay may help.
    The're is a product "Creme"? That coats the inside of a fuel tank, may be an option if replacement not available.
    Probably less than a thousand, Headers would help out an old system, and sound nice. Plus, you would save the life of a KZ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1979 chevy pickup won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have 1979 chevy pickup that just won't start I replaced the clutch drove it a couple of days and I just won't start I have plenty of spark and gas getting to the plugs I have replaced everything in the distrubetor I just can't figure it out please help Thank you:confused:

1979 chevy love [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just bought a 1979 chevy love, he drove it home and it lost all power 2 times and now it won't work at all. He has had the alt, voltage reg and the battery checked. We really need this truck to work!! Anyone have any ideas?:( :confused: please help!!

1979 Suzuki GS550E [ 3 Answers ]

I know this is a motorcycle, but I couldn't find a motorcycle category. I have a 1979 Suzuki GS550E. I am having problems with my starter. I had the starter rebuilt and a new silinoid put on, when I puch the start button it just clicks. When I get a battey boost pack on it whips right over, I...

1979 dodge truck wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Bought 79 dodge truck runs great.but ballast and wires get hot with key on. When running burns out voltage reg. new alt, volt. reg. starter, electronic ign. Mode. New hot and ground cables been over entire truck can't find short any where. When running amp gage goes clear over to c and battery...

1979 ford pu [ 3 Answers ]

Temature keeps climing gradually as I drive.have new water pump.I bypassed the heater.what causes it to heat up?

View more questions Search