Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rasecsan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Taxes Difference Between El Paso, TX and Canton. MI
    Hi,

I'm currently live in El Pas, TX and have an opportunity to move to Canton, MI.
    I'm wondering wich would be the difference in taxes between these two locations.

Thanks'
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Yes, there definitely is a difference.

Texas has NO state income tax, while Michigan does have on. I am not sure what the exact percebtage is, but I believe it would be around 5%.

The cost of living in Canton is probably higher than El Paso as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

What's the difference? [ 15 Answers ]

What's the difference between the birth control if its prescribed for period pains or one for contraceptive use ? Also if you list different brands of pill for me to research it would be much appreciated because I can't find any named on the web.

1986 El Paso Camper [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has a camper and needs to run wire from where the AC is. She tells me that the wire that is there now is for an air conditioner and she needs to down size the wire to a 12 volt wire. Problem is we have no idea how to do this. I told her I believe that if the wire in place now holds so...

Difference between J1 and H1B visas for taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In 2006 I worked in the US with a J1 visa for 8 months and then I got a H1B visa from October to December. Am I supposed to pay the same amount of taxes with the J1 visa and the H1B visa? Thanks

Filing for 2004 taxes and 2005 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just received my W2 from my employer and there were 2 W2's. One W2 was for the wages of Dec 2004 (since the employer pays 1 month delayed salary) and the other one was for Jan - Nov 2005. I want to know if I can refile my 2004 taxes since I just got my Dec 2004's W2. If I add that...

View more questions Search