Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starcrush Posts: 109, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Why are some people so arrogrant and think they are better than others
    With some people you might not have to study and can make straight A's it doesn't happen like this for everyone.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
    LOL, wait till you get to nursing school. You will all be equals. I only know of one person with an A in my class and she studies her a$$ off!!

Other than that, what is your question? We all learn at different paces, we all learn differently. You just have to find what is right for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Just like in business after you get a job, there are those that will always do better or do it easier. And there are always those who are and think they are better.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 03:53 PM
    My freshman year in college I had two roommates. One, like me, had to study hard for the grades. The other one was an absolute genuis - she read it once and understood it and remembered it. But she was not arrogant, never made fun of us. She would even sit and quiz us for exams. She could easily could have been a smart aleck - she was there on a full four year scholarship, while the majority of us did work, grant, and loans.

So not everyone wears the same attitude. Just sad that some do and make fun of those who have to struggle with the grades.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Sometimes comments can be misinterpreted. For instance, I was in a class the other day doing some group work. Someone asked me if I had done the extra credit work for the course; I said, "No, I already have an "A" I don't need to do it." A few minutes later our professor mentioned to the whole group who had done the extra credit and pointed out he had not seen me submit mine. The aforementioned person said, "She has an "A", she doesn't need to do it!" Did I mean for my comment to sound snotty? No. Did it sound snotty to this person? Apparently so.

So try to take what people say with the best intentions if there's any room for ambiguity. If there is no room for ambiguity ("Of course I didn't do the extra credit, I don't need to because I'm perfect and you're not") point out to the self professed genius that people learn differently and apparently he/she failed at manners in kindergarten. :)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Every forte has a different look.
    Chances are there are things that you naturally excel at, where this other person would be lost.
    Instead of feeling rebuffed, try complimenting that person. Acknowledging they know more, and asking in the right way could make them your tutor. Most everybody that likes to talk about things they know about.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 30, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Ying and yang sista. The beauty in human beans (love the bfg) is there many differences. What makes you think the are arrogant?And why do you think they are like that?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
    In some cases they are better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

People [ 4 Answers ]

HI, I am a mom , wife , I have a house nice car and I am a good person only thing is I don't have any true friends. I all ways feel like I am cramping peoples style I am a functional addict . And I believe in God even thought I have flaw's I try to be as good as I can be to people . Why doe's no...

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

Hello people [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body here know how to reformat a PC?

People [ 4 Answers ]

About a year ago I had sex with this guy who is now one of my closest friends, and now my best friends is telling me that people still confronting her and telling her that I'm a whore for doing it. They also say that it's the reason I haven't made it into some the higher ranked clubs in my school,...

View more questions Search