Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kezza1988 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Does anyone know what this dream means
    It was sooooo strange. Im living away from home at the moment on a training course ant my partner is on tour with the forces. We are moving in together when we both get home and have been talking about the eventuality of marriage kids etc.
    Anyway, we didn't speak about this for a while, but last night I had a dream that I was getting married to my best male friend down here (who I have no romantic feelings for what so ever) But when we were at the alter (which was outside) I was paniking because we weren't dressed in traditional wedding clothes. Then afterwards we dressed in the proper clothes and had pictures taken. Once I realised I was actually married and there was no going back, I realised I hadn't married my partner, but my best friend (I was aware of this at the beginning of the dream, but it didn't sink in) and I looked at my wedding ring, and it was a thin gold band that was disformed and sqaushed. Kind of freaked me out, anyone got any ideas?? Thanks xx
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 11:33 PM
    If marriage is to be traditional, safe and secure for you, the partner must be different.
    ambyr Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Your worried you mite marry the wrong person
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 30, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Check some of my other posts on dreams. As I've elaborated elsewhere, in interpreting a dream you can focus on the personal psychological aspects, or the spiritual psychic aspects. I.e. you can see the place you went in the dream, and the things you saw and people you met, as being inside of you or not.

My knee-jerk reaction to this one is classical Karl Jung: This is a dream about your ordinary female waking self trying to connect to the animus, the male aspect of being that you carry inside yourself. It does connect in a very powerful way--sacred marriage! Zap! But then you aren't sure you are ready for such a powerful step forward (not dressed for it) or how to integrate that into your relationship with your partner, and whether it will be true gold, a boon in your life, or false. Also the wedding is outside (e.g. stepping outside your ordinary boundaries).

Your brain used the image of your male best friend as a stand-in for the male element buried within yourself. It's about drawing that part of yourself up and using it to be a powerful, effective person, while still being feminine. Lots of women face that in our culture. It's about bringing active and passive together, yin and yang, masculine and feminine. Sometimes you want to lead in the relationship with your partner, but sometimes you like it when he steps forward and opens the door for you. It's okay if you like both!

Our culture teaches men to be afraid of powerful women. (In fact it teaches them to take away women's power with objectification, not to mention violence, rape, and killing). But some men have learned that powerful women aren't scary. In fact they are very hot! Not to mention wise and very good to have around. With luck, your partner is one of these more enlightened men (and the military hasn't beat it out of him), or hopefully he will be open to learning this lesson from you.

Blessings in your changing, growing life!

Alder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does this means? [ 1 Answers ]

When you ask someone out, she reply maybe can, maybe cannot. What does this mean? Is she really seeing she is free or is there other reasons to it? It is positive or negative? Thanks.

I want to know what this dream means [ 8 Answers ]

I have been searching all over the net and I can't find out what this dream I dreamt means. It's about my husband, He leaves me in the car and leaves with a man. I was very upset and in the dream he tells me he will be living with his new partner. I want to know what this means. Thanks :)

I really need to know what this means. [ 4 Answers ]

What does the term "give it time" mean? Meaning like.. if something's wrong in a friendship and you don't know how to fix it.. and I'm trying to say "we should just give it time".. what does it entail? What do we do while we 'give it time'?

This means nothing to me... [ 3 Answers ]

"Oh Vienna..." so sang Midge Your,and Ultravox in 1981.Odd then that with Windows Vista,due for release Xmas 2006,that Redmond and co,are already working on the next OS. It's code name is Vienna.I checked a reputable link,to see if it was a joke: ...

View more questions Search