Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 30, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Ground temperature
    At what depth does the temperature remain relatively stable?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2005, 04:16 AM
    That would be the "frost line", which varies around the world.

Around where I live (Central Ohio), the rule of thumb minimum for burying plumbing lines is 16".
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Dec 2, 2005, 05:18 AM
    Rick,

Sorry I didn't express myself correctly. The idea is to run water pipes down into the ground where the temp is a constant 50°F or so? What I needed to know is at what depth should these pipes be placed?

Cheers

Colin
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2005, 06:50 AM
    That point would be below the frost line... so in my area we put water lines at least 16" down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the same air temperature feel differently in different parts of the country ? i.e. - Breckenridge, Colorado @ 40 degrees, feels much different than Houston, Texas @ 40 degrees no matter the time of the year.

Inconsistent water temperature [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Im having trouble with my water not being at a consistent temperature. For example it starts scolding hot then quickly goes to luke warm. Once I shut it off and turn in back on it will get hot again. This is absolutely annoying when Im trying to shower. Please help. :confused:

Temperature of air [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an acoustics experiment in physics. I tested how the amplitude of sound was affected based on the temperature of the air. I know that the speed of sound is affected by temperature. Sound will travel faster in colder air. Likewise it travels fastest in solids, followed by liquids then...

View more questions Search