Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    najuneau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 09:17 AM
    La. Bond for deed
    Do I have to notify mortgagor if I'm sell property in la. Under a bond for deed
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 09:27 AM
    LA has different laws and work under a different system than mot of the rest of the US, If I remember correct your bond for deed is similar to the contract for deed we use here. Normally no the mortgage holder doesnot have to be notified, now there are exceptions, if the loan agreement states that this will be "YOUR" principal residence, they have to be notified anytime you move out of it. Also there will be issues of insurance, since your mortgage company will require you to still keep property insurance on the home under your name, since the deed can not be transferred until you pay off the loan.

This leads to the problem that normally two insurance companies will not pay off on the same property, so the new buyers will want insurance to cover their equity they gain in the property, you will want them to have insurance to pay you if there is major damage but your insurance company will also be requireing insurance in force.
    So there may be a need to work with the lender so double insurance is not going to have to be in place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Bond For Deed [ 4 Answers ]

Need Help! I have a offer to purchase some property with some equity in it. Owner sold property by using Bond For Deed with the stipulation that buyer will get their own financing in one year(in contract), its been three years and buyer is still not able to get financing, seller in turn wants out...

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search