Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starcrush Posts: 109, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2007, 04:47 AM
    How do people make 10,000 or more on eBay with a couple of hours
    I hear this can be done in only a few hours. Is the true ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 22, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Sounds like a scam to me.
    They are probably selling some "Get Rich Quick" scheme that turns out to be completely bogus.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
    They don't.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Those people are likely to be what eBay calls, "power sellers." They sell by volume, have their own stores on eBay and have multiples of listings. I highly doubt they make $10,000.00 in a couple of hours but I have also heard of those who make up to $5,000.00 in one month. But they work at it with listings and quality items. Once in awhile you will see some high end items such as a car or property or some antique. Does that automatically mean that item will fetch thousands? You have to have a buyer willing to pay that much. Most people go to eBay to get the best deal possible.

For example, my favorite fragrance is Dolce Vita by Christian Dior. Not too long ago on eBay there was some up for bid. I placed my bid but knew where I was going to stop. The final bidder paid $60.00 for the fragrance, plus shipping and handling. There are net outlets that do not charge that much and the shipping and handling are free. Serious buyers know their markets.

I would not purchase any type of kit that advertises to sell on eBay. eBay offers resources on their website.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 08:40 AM
    The only people making that type of money arer the large companies that sell to people who list things on eBay.

To make that much you would have to have 1000's of items listed, and if they did not sell, ( and not all items sell) so you would also have eBay fees for every item you list.

I sell some on eBay so unless you are selling a car or a large boat, that sells for over 10,000 you are not.

You can make a few thousand a month if you work at it hard, my sister in law has her own eBay store and makes a fairly good living by selling hand made dresses, but she works 10 hours a day 6 days a week to make that good living also.

I sell a few items a week, but have a few each month that does not sell either.

The trick is to find items that will sell, buy them cheap enough, so remember if you sell something for 100 dollars, and buy it for 70 dollars, then you have to pay a eBay fee, then a pay pal fee to get the money.
    You you may only clear about 20 dollars from that sell, and will still suppose to pay federal and state income tax plus self employment tax out of this also.

So even if you made 10,000 after you paid all the fees, about 3500 of that will need to go to pay taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did god make some people ugly and others good looking [ 30 Answers ]

I'm just so mad at everything all my friends are pretty and I'm the only ugly one around everyone tells me that I look ugly... even a person who I though was my friend said I was ugly I don't know why some people are born gorgeous... and others are born so ugly do you choose to be what you look...

If I Take Plan B Later Than 12 Hours Will It Make A Difference? [ 2 Answers ]

Like three days ago I had sex but the condom ripped. Luckily the condom was spermicidal but we wanted take action anyway just in case so I got plan B and I took it at 7:30 am but I didn't get the chance to take it agein until around 9:00. Will it make any difference?:confused:

Break-up/Make-up. I'm hurting too many people [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone. Before I start, I just wanted to say this is a fantastic site that I'm so happy to have found. Each reply is sincere and quality. I've been browsing this site for a while before signing up, because I actually thought you had to pay for it due to the great quality and effort put...

Heater blower turns off after running for couple of hours [ 3 Answers ]

I have a trane xl80 furnace. It was working fine till a week back when I woke up one morning smelling some kind of strange smell (not exactly a burnt smell but similar). I found the furnace working and the blower was off. I realized that to be problem and hence turned the heater off. The fan would...

View more questions Search