Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Do speed differ from location?
    If I like.. download from someone who lives in a different location.. lets say Iraq.. and then I downloaded that same file from someone who lived in my city.. would the internet speed be very different because we're in different locations?

Or our internet service provider is in different locations?
    I'm interested, that's why I'm asking.
    mongoose102860 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2007, 12:39 AM
    Bottle necking could happen in one area and not the other.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Comments on this postxxhopingtearsxx disagrees: Um.. what is bottle necking...

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

If you didn't understand the answer how can you disagree with it? If you don't understand an answer then add a reply to the thread asking for explanation. Don't use the rate feature for that.

Bottlenecking is when the data stream is forced through slower devices or a more trafficked devices causing a slow down.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
    As a non computer expert, let me say in laymans terms. The same file downloaded form the same site may differ in speed for many reasons, from minute to minute the actual speed of your connection, which on many systems can differ from the amount of users on that connection on some systems. On your computer speed at that moment, or other programs you may be using. If wireless, by any factors that effect wireless connections.

My speed varies from day to day by signal strengh all the time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

How does an eliminating entry differ from an adjusting entry [ 2 Answers ]

How does an eliminating entry differ from an adjusting entry

How does an interview differ from a conversation? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm trying to do some research on this topic, Am not getting very far though! Any help you could give on: "How does an interview differ from a conversation?"

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

3 speed ceiling fan only has 1 speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 speed Hunter ceiling that I rarely turn off and all 3 speeds had been working. I recently turned it off and when I turned it back on, only the high speed is working. I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it. I still only have the High speed. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

View more questions Search