Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skarsan34 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Wrting checks
    My checks are still not accepted in stores and it 3 years how long does this remain on my record and I never had any bad checks on my record. I always have money to cover my checks I only put 6 stop payments and said that the merchant was not taking the merchandise back.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Hello s:

Then you had better get with the people who maintain your "record" and get it fixed. You have the same rights under the FCRA to have the "record" be reported accurately.

I don't know who has your "record". In the US, it's usually a company named Telecheck.

Or, you could get a debit card and use that instead. If your bank doesn't issue one, I'd find a bank that did.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 08:34 AM
    There are companies like "tele-check" and others, when your check is not accepted the merchart should give you a notice as to where the record was checked. You can dispute this.

But yes 6 stop payments would most likely hurt it, since it shows a pattern of stop payments, why after you did one check, did you write the same merchant 5 more checks. If this is the truth and what ahppened, I am still not sure there is anything to correct.

Think a BANK CARD that is tied to your checking account, like a ATM card but good at stores. I don't write 10 checks a year any longer.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Hmm, I wonder why you would write the same merchant 6 checks, and say they refused to accept the merchandise back, was the merchandise damaged? And another thing, why did you have to write 6 checks in one store, presumably within a day or two? Something sounds fishy here to me, are we getting all the facts? Where is the merchandise now? What did you do with it? There must have been some reason why they did not accept the merchandise back. Was it perhaps seasonal, or clearance items? I am trying to dig out more facts here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws of checks [ 2 Answers ]

What are the laws of taking out money from your check that is not related to taxes

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and I was arrested about a year ago because I forgot to pay a traffic fine. I was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?

Checks written [ 2 Answers ]

Checks written for payment of services (utilitites, lawn service, etc) are normally recorded in what journal.

Pay checks etc [ 1 Answers ]

Opening a check cashing business What do I need to open this business I have the building what more do I NEED?

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search