Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nonnie1965 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Are souls and spirits real.
    I guess souls and spirits is the one and same. Mediums can talk to loved ones who have already passed away. Why Would a spirit hang around. I thought they go to heaven right away, and if they do go to heaven can they see us and do they watch over us and if they do how do they do this from heaven. Im real confused. I have had great loss in our familys. My mother and father are both gone and my nephew just passed away on the 14th of this month in a car accident he was only 22 years old and my niece and her father are having the hardest time and so am I. When we had his service there had been no sun and then all of a sudden the sun came out and was on the casket like he was there with us. Its hard to believe in what you can't see. I figure we are so cold and our personality of who we are has to go somewhere. I also worry because alcohol was a contributing factor when you die and your so young how do you have a chance to ask for forgiveness or know if they made it to heaven.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnie1965
    I guess souls and spirits is the one and same. Mediums can talk to loved ones who have already passed away. Why Would a spirit hang around. I thought they go to heaven right away, and if they do go to heaven can they see us and do they watch over us and if they do how do they do this from heaven. Im real confused. I have had great loss in our familys. My mother and father are both gone and my nephew just passed away on the 14th of this month in a car accident he was only 22 years old and my niece and her father are having the hardest time and so am I. When we had his service there had been no sun and then all of a sudden the sun came out and was on the casket like he was there with us. Its hard to believe in what you can't see. I figure we are so cold and our personality of who we are has to go somewhere. I also worry because alchol was a contributing factor when you die and your so young how do you have a chance to ask for forgiveness or know if they made it to heaven.
    I believe that God is perfect. We are created in God's image. We are also perfect. We have free will to become what we really are... Perfect and just like God. I believe we have as many lifetimes as we need to realize who and what we really are. God not only created your nephew as a perfect reflection of Himself; He created alcohol too! God also caused the sun to come out during the funeral, and then you included it in your question. Nothing is unconnected, there are no coincidences and there are only 2 real emotions Love and Fear. Choose which will fill you at this moment.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnie1965
    are souls and spirits real?
    Hello nonnie:

Nahhhh.

excon
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Accept reality and cry and grieve... then move on... grateful for this gift called life. :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Soul and spirit are two different things BUT CAN NOT be separated.

The soul is your thoughts, personality, character, emotions, etc...
    Basically what makes you who you are

Your spirit is what reaches out for more than the material things.

Watchman Nee: Spiritual Man Volume 1 Table of Contents
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Dec 29, 2007, 05:24 PM
    You know, the mediums don't actually talk to your loved ones who have umm... 'passed away', they actually talk to evil spirits who say they are your mmm... dead loved ones. This is a big trap in which lots of non-beleivers (and some christians too) fall into. You need to be really careful with all that stuff.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Dec 30, 2007, 11:37 AM
    [QUOTE=Goldenwolf]You know, the mediums don't actually talk to your loved ones who have umm... 'passed away', they actually talk to evil spirits who say they are your mmm... dead loved ones. This is a big trap in which lots of non-beleivers (and some christians too) fall into. You need to be really careful with all that stuff.[/QUOTE

Mmm, for those who believe that, I would recommend they read the following website. Something to really make them go ummmmm!

EVP and Vatican

Dec 30, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Im not roman catholic, so I just keep on thinking ma way
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Dec 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Umm, good 'nuff since you have free will choice. Btw, I am not Roman Catholic either.

Dec 30, 2007, 11:46 AM
    ... :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Souls and spirits are in your head. Mediums prey on gullibility.

Dec 30, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Inside you is your soul, your essence, and mediums are just traps in which many people fall

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing spirits [ 15 Answers ]

My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there...

90's cartoon movie where human souls turned into red semi-transparent birds [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry for my not so good english. Well I hope someone can help me. I, like many here , have a vague memory about a cartoon movie I watched when I was about 8 years old. It was 1994 I think or something like that. I don't remember the storyline, I just know that it was a love story, strange and sad,...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

I can't seem to remember the title of this movie a saw. Lost souls or something [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie on the TV a couple of years ago. I think it might have been on lifetime or something, but I'm not sure. Its basically about a family that moves to this new house in the country or the woods. The husband and wife have I think two kids. A boy and a girl. The girl has some kind of...

View more questions Search