Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasey101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Paying Back Taxes to Own a Property
    I'm curious, do anyone happen to know what states have the shortest amount of time to redeem property purhcased at a foreclosure auctions. I know it varies depending on the state
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
    There are some where you own it at the day of the sale and get a tax deed, not a tax certificate.

The law changes yearly so you need to check with the property tax office in the states you wish to buy. Most states are from one to three years,
    You may check out Tennesse

Also remember it is not just "paying" back taxes, you may pay well over the tax amount since it is a auction. If 2000 in taxes is due, you may still have to pay 10,000 or more if this is a good property and there are other bidders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying Property Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

If I pay the back property taxes on some property in the state of Florida, can I claim the property as my own?

Buyer stopped paying - don't want property back [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, this gets complicated. I will try to keep it as simple as possible. I have inherited this problem from my Dad, who is in his 80s and is in failing health. About 30 years ago, my father and his five siblings (living in Texas and Oklahoma) inherited property (a gas station) in Oregon from a...

Pay back taxes get property? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I asked a question in the answer area. How dumb. Anyway, the property beside us, 4.5 acres has been undeveloped for over 30 years. The owner has not paid taxes in 2 years. We called the Stafford Co. Tax office in Stafford, VA and wanted to pay the taxes so we can purchase the property so...

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tina from Missouri, My husband and I are looking to buy a house and I know there is a way that we can pay the back taxes on a house instead of the price they are selling it at. Where do I start, and what do I do. I have no clue where to look or who to talk to and if there are any...

View more questions Search