Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sawduster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Add a fan only relay to my Heil LP furnace
    I am adding an hydronic heat coil to my heil high efficiency furnace. I'm installing a 24volt relay wich I already have. I need to know how to wire this up. The furnace is a 1995 model.
    My objective is to run the fan on thermostat switch,and keep the LP heat for a back-up.
    Thanks
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Are you going to use two thermostats. One for the furnace and one for the hydronic heat? If so you will need to make sure and isolate the cooling speed of the blower motor so two speeds can't call at one time. Give us more info if you can.
    sawduster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I am using another thermostat, I assume the relay, wich has a 24v coil,must be energized from the 24v trnsformer. There are in/out terminals(two pins on the bottom of rely)
    For this. The two center pins above I assume are for the thermostat, and the side terminals break into the fan circuit. So I need to use the correct wires to the fan,any other pitfalls I should look out for?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Most relays have a wiring schamatic on them, the coil terminals of the relay are where you would connect the 24 volts from your new thermostat controlling your hydronic heating and the "c" or common and the "no" normally open is where you can connect the "g" from your furnace thermostat and "R" to bring on the fan relay of the furnace. Hope this helps. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heil Furnace [ 10 Answers ]

I have A Heil Furnace that starts up just fine Model #NDG1075DFo1, but after its running for 5 minutes or so it gets another call for heat, fills the gas box with naatural gas and re-lights this mix pretty violently. This may happen a few times during the heating cycle until the thermostat is...

HEIL furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our heil furnace won't stay lit. It goes out after we release the pilot button. Any suggestion?

Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have bought a house with a furnace and I cannot get the pilot to light. I am asking for some type of manual so I can figure this out. The model is VG-80MD-1 and the serial is H73838067. The house was built in 1977 and I am sure this is the original Thanks for any info

Blower won't come on Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heil furnace in a home I just purchased. The first day it worked fine. Second day, it fires up, I can hear a motor running, but the blower doesn't come on. Relay switch? Thank You!

Heil 92% H9MPDO75F12B Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Heil Gas Furnace installed and from the first day I notice that when the blower came on the air was on the cool side. After about 1 to 2 minutes the air became a little bit warmer but never got hot. My question is this normal or do I have a problem? Please let me know as soon as possible so...

View more questions Search