Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kircaldi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Broken Sewing Machine
    I have a Singer Merritt model # 2502c. My machine is broken and I need to find some kind of schematic or directions on how to fix it. The machine shifted somehow and the needle isn't aligned with the hole in the plate anymore. It just hits the plate. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Might be just an adjustment issue. It could be a matter of just loosening up some screws that hold either the machine or the plate in place and then moving things around so that they line up.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Try changing your needle , it may just be bent. If this doesn't work take off the bobbin and the little gadget that holds it in and make sure no thread are hung up inside of it. Make sure you have the proper settings and are using the thread meant for those settings.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 11:47 PM
    That's an excellent point about the needle maybe being bent!

Also, maybe a screw or screws are loose in the parts where the needle is held in place so that not everything is as tight as it should be and thus allows for a little bit of play because of the looseness.
    Kircaldi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 11:06 AM
    I've tried several different needles. None of them are bent. In fact, I just bought a new set of needles to sew jeans with, and they don't go either. My husband tried to fix it, and he ended up breaking my presser foot in half and cracking the shank it attaches to. I tried taking off the plate and then tried to pull up the bobbin thread, and it won't even do that. Does anyone know where to get a free schematic for sewing machines? I'm sure that I can buy them, but money's tight right now, even though that's the route I may end up going. Thanks for the help.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Sewing Machine Troubleshooting to Solve Problems this site may be of help to you, my sewing machine experience is very limited. Good luck
    Tulipe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
    If you need parts, here is the link to parts http://www.parts.singerco.com/CPpart..._2999/2500.pdf
    I notice the manual is available at https://www.sew4less.com/
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Great searching for helpful links in the post above! I do hope that Kircaldi does return to take a look at further answers here, since Kircaldi posted this question on November 21, 2007. If not, then what you have posted might be of benefit to others who have similar types of questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Old sewing machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old black electric sewing machine in wooden cabinet with the brandname UNIVERSAL (made in Japan). I do not know how old it is but would like to know how to find a manual for it and also an estimate of the value. I have been unable to find any info on this brand anywhere. Please help

1800 Sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how much is my 1800's sewing machine worth now?

Antique sewing machine [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I found a sewing machine my grandmother used to have. I don't know what model or make it is... all the machine says is "Western" on the side of it and it has a plate on the right hand side that says "Model 300" and it has some sort of serial number E658732. Please find a picture enclosed....

View more questions Search