Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starcrush Posts: 109, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 07:36 PM
    What are some good ways to study for a test that you have no idea what might be on it
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Do an outline with all the main points.
    Pick out anything that you would highlight as important.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 08:06 PM
    The above is very true!

Do you know what the subject area of the test is?

Nov 21, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Its an Anatomy class
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Is the test going to be about lab or textbook work? Or, maybe a combination of the two?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
    This site might help give you an idea on doing an outline to help study for anatomy

http://www.geocities.com/auburngirl71/outlines.htm

Nov 21, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Combination of the 2
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 08:19 PM
    What portion of the anatomy is the test over, I may be able to help you. I took A&P a couple of years ago and am now outlining for Nursing.

What book are you using? Would it happen to be Hole's Anatomy & Physiology 10th Edition?
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrush
    combination of the 2
    So, is there a certain chapter or chapters in the book that go along with the lab work that you should be prepared to know the information? If so, what are the names of the chapter or chapters, please?
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Thank you for your private message. As per your private message, the following is the book and also the areas that you are wanting to study and know about in preparation for the test.

The book is called the Memmler's Human Body in Health and Disease .We are on chp 4 . The chapter is about tissue, glands and membranes
    As far as knowledge and preparation for tests in these areas, J_9 would be the expert on this site. As far as being prepared for questions that you don't know will be asked, then my advice would be to get together with some friends who are also taking the class and maybe come up with some questions that you think might be asked and quiz each other on the questions without using the textbook. That would be one way that I can think of to prepare for the test.

Perhaps other will also have ideas that you can use.

Nov 22, 2007, 04:44 AM
    The book is called the Memmler's Human Body in Health and Disease .We are on chp 4 . The chapter is about tissue, glands and membranes
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrush
    Thank you for posting that! It will help others who know about that book and also those subject areas to help you to study.
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Like I said in my private message to you, you will get help, it just might not be right now. Some of us are asleep, and some of us like me, need to get to bed.

Clough
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Thank you for your PM, but please understand that PMs are not for questions and answers, but more for private conversations.

Now, I am not familiar with that particular book. You say you are learning about tissues and glands was it?

What about that do you not understand?

One suggestion is to read the chapter, highlight the important sections, then make an outline of those sections in your own words.

Nov 22, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Im trying to find out how can I make a good study guide out of these tissues

Nov 22, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Do you have one of these books with you ?
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:03 AM
    No, I have Holes Human Anatomy & Physiology.

Take your notes from class and follow the chapters in the book. From there make an outline of the important topics.

Good thing you are only doing 1 chapter now. My next nursing test is over 16 chapters. And you think studying from one is hard? LOL, you got it easy girl. You can do this though. You made it this far through the semester.

Nov 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Can you give me an example how my outline should look. Do I need to define terms also on the outline
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I would make flash cards* for definitions and to ID terms and body parts. Also, I would go through the cards several times on my own and then find a classmate or even just a friend to test me with the cards.

Flash cards are what helped me get As in my grad psych program.

*Even printing out the cards is a form of study.

Nov 22, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Thanks wondergirl I will try that also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some new ways to meet GOOD men? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I recently broke up. Well, we broke up 2 months ago. We had been together for 4 years, but I did not want to commit for some inexplicable reason. I have done a lot of soul-searching the past 2 months and I realized something was missing that held me back with my ex, but I AM ready to...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Is there any good ways or means by which I can encourage my budgies to mate? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I'm new here and I want to ask a question about budgerigar birds (budgies) , I have kept birds since I was a child I have kept budgies for a long time.. the first 2 pairs I got mated very fast and laid eggs and chicks hatched and were very very well reaching adulthood... about 2 years ago I...

Good ways to get scratches off a telescope lens [ 5 Answers ]

My dog ran into my telescope and knocked it over "hes a pitbull" can anyone tell me of a good way to get scratches off my telescope?

Ways to stay looking good on flight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm flying back to the US for Christmas, it's an 8 hour flight. I'm traveling with my boyfriend and meeting people as soon as we get off the plane... but I always look as though I've been through the garbage disposal by the time I get there! My hair and skin looks greasy and tired...

View more questions Search