Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Jan 22, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Just because you are underweight doesn't mean you have a smaller uterus!
    Just to let you know, I am also underweight, and my doctor said nothing about me being smaller if you know what I mean.
    Why are you so conserened, you will feel it when you feel it.
    mustang0529 Posts: 252, Reputation: -1

Jan 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Because when your underweight... your body only grows so much... and like me I haven't been gaining that much weight... so the baby is just getting bigger inside me.. but there is less room to grow.. then if I were to be average size or bigger!

That still isn't what I mean!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Women who are overweight most definitely have a harder time feeling baby. And women who are underweight can feel it early. The AVERAGE is 20 weeks. That is the key word here.

If you don't feel a big kick before 20 weeks, don't freak out.

Jan 22, 2008, 06:26 PM
    I'm smaller then the average weight the baby only has certain amount of room in my belly compare to a lot of others!! Now does that help

Jan 22, 2008, 06:28 PM
    I no when your usually suppose to start kicking my question wasn't that./.. it was that I do feel movement and I have been feeling it for almost 2 weeks now... I asked how long from that point does it usually take for the baby to start kicking.. I no it usually is around 20 weeks.. but if you feel the movement and you are skinny starting is there a good chance that it can start kicking soon... that was my question...

Jan 22, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Wow... that's all I've got to say.

Jan 22, 2008, 06:33 PM
    OK well that's rude I was just asking a question... I need people to answer it.. if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Hun, you are already feeling the baby kicking, it's just right now it feels like a flutter more than a kick. Every day, every week will bring on new feelings, and those feelings will be stronger week by week. But every woman is different. I was small once too. With my first I felt fultterings throughout the pregnancy and with each pregnancy the flutters turned into kicks, then into full out belts in the tummy.

Again, the baby is already "kicking" It's not kicking in the sense that it is using it's feet to kick you, but that it is stretching, moving, etc.

People have been answering you. It is you who has been rude to those of us who are trying to help you. Just chilax and listen to those of us who have been there, some of us more than once or twice.

Jan 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Listen I'm sorry if you didn't understand what I was trying to say but it seems like you do from what you had to say no I was not being rude I asked a question you I no usually around the time when the baby starts to kick but I didn't ask that question that's what I have been trying to say!! Listen there is no reason for me to be rude OK.. I don't come on here to be rude and judge people.. I help answer ppl's questions and... I like the same help back sometimes...

Jan 22, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    wow... thats all I've got to say.

C this here.. its not necessary all I did was ask a simple question.. and now there are people thinking I'm rude! Listen all I did was ask a question.. you you gave me an answer but it wasn't the answer I was looking for that's all I was saying

Jan 22, 2008, 10:09 PM
    just because you are underweight doesn't mean you have a smaller uterus!
    Just to let you know, I am also underweight, and my doctor said nothing about me being smaller if you know what I mean.
    Why are you so conserened, you will feel it when you feel it.

This also here.. was rude mainly because... doesn't everyone get excited and want to feel there baby's move inside of them what I'm not the only one why are you making it seem that way..

Jan 23, 2008, 06:30 AM
    We weren't being rude, J_9 answered your question here:
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    The average week of gestation to feel the baby move is 20 weeks. Every woman is different. Some women who are very tiny feel it about 18 weeks, yet others not until 25 weeks.

It is all individual. You will know when you feel that baby kick.

Being underweight does not mean you will feel it sooner, it just means that you were underweight.
    and I answered your question by saying: "around 20 weeks (give or take)"

We are the ones that answered your question, you are the one that dragged it on.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 23, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang0529
    im smaller then the average weight the baby only has certain amount of room in my belly compare to alot of others!!! now does that help
    Just trying to help here, but maybe the answers haven't been clear enough for you.
    Your size does not have much of an effect on when your baby kicks and if how you feel it. Your baby is growing inside your uterus. Your uterus may be smaller, it may not be. Some overweight people have a small uterus... your height and weight don't really matter. As the baby grows your uterus and other areas will grow to accommodate it.

The answer may not be what you want to here, but every woman is unique inside and out... so we can't give you an exact answer.

Jan 23, 2008, 11:29 AM
    We weren't being rude, J_9 answered your question here:

and I answered your question by saying: "around 20 weeks (give or take)"

We are the ones that answered your question, you are the one that dragged it on.
    I didn't say J_9 was being rude I got my answer from J_9.. I was talking about u... that wasn't my question for the 5th time!! I'm not here to argue OK.. all I did was ask a question.. if your going to come on here and say I was being rude then please don't try and answer my questions... there are a lot of other people who will answer it and not try to prove me wrong!!
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
    You feel the baby move and kick around 18-20weeks
    I am nearly 17weeks and have been feeling baby move since week 14 this is my 2nd pregnancy, I am overweight so it doesn't really make any difference whether your underweight or over weight it happens when it happens

Jan 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang0529
    if ur gunna come on here and say i was being rude then please dont try and answer my questions... there are alot of other ppl who will answer it and not try to prove me wrong!!!
    First of all, when did I call you rude?
    And where did I try to prove you wrong? The only way I could prove you wrong is if you already knew the answer to your question and I'm telling you otherwise. All I did is answer your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancée and I have a lot of unprotected sex - stupid I know, but there you have it. We usually use the "pull out" method although when it is close to my period, he goes inside me (also very stupid, I know) I always have very very regular periods - I mean they ALWAYS start on the same day every...

I think I maybe pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here I am like 8 dys late could I be pregnant my period has been late but never this late in my life help

Am I pregnant [ 17 Answers ]

I was on and off birth control last month and the beginning of Aug. I didn't have sex with my boyfriend but he did put the tip in quit a few times. He didn't finish, but I have heard of people getting pregnant. Off precum. So I'm a little scared cause my breast are really tender and I think it was...

Could I be pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been trying to become pregnant for the past 4 months. This month I was expecting my period either yesturday(aug. 3) or today. But on the first of this month I had some pink blood, very small amount. And yesturday I had a small red dab of blood on my leg after showering. Then...

Could I be pregnant? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. I am new to this site. Okay, trying to conceive as of Oct. 17, 2005. Went off the pill. First month had period 27 days, then got it again 20 days later, then got it again 26 days later, now it is January, and I was due the either 26 or 27 days. Nothing. So today is the 28th day, and I had some...

View more questions Search