Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nycole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Late rent
    Is it the law for a landlord to provide you with a grace period.. if so howl ong is it
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 02:10 PM
    There is no law that the landlord must provide a grace period. If the lease doesn't state a grace period then the rent is due on the first (or the 15th, or whatever day was originally designated) and if it is not received on that date then it is considered late.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Look at your lease agreement. Lisa is right when she states there is no law for an automatic grace period. Some owners will give a three day grace period, some give no grace period. Look at your lease. It will state those provisions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late Payment of My Rent [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in a rental since the end of May and have had several problems that caused my rent check to come back NSF. I have always paid the late fees and the landlor's fee for the NSF. They have sent a certified letter warning me that if this continues, they will terminate the lease. Can they...

Late Rent Payment [ 3 Answers ]

Rent is due on the first every month and if it is late there is a thirty dollar late fee. I want to know if there is some kind of law saying that a person can be a day or two late without being charged a late fee?

Eviction for late payment of rent - Tennessee [ 5 Answers ]

What is the procedure for evicting a rentor for late rent payment? Here's the deal... an 18 year old college student has been late for her rent two months in a row now. She is also not working out with the other roommates... not picking up after herself and too many guests coming and going. The...

Rent Payment Late Fee [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find out if Pennsylvania has defined how much of a late fee can be charged per month for someone who has not paid the rent on time? My lot rent is 234/month and the late fee is $5/day, which adds up to 150/month, more than 1/2 of my rent. The fair housing authority says...

Partial Rent Payments and Late Fees [ 3 Answers ]

I live in VA and my landlord accepts what I would call "partial" payments on monthly rent. I write a rent check and my roommate writes a check for each part. Our lease is a "simple terms" lease and states the following under the Late Fees: "If you fail to pay the rent in full before the end of...

View more questions Search