Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaelthebus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2005, 08:03 PM
    5 yrs.later car loan / interest due ?
    I took out in 1996 new car loan over 5 yrs. w/Americredit. In 2001 received registration slip. Recalling now, I did not get a paper that said " Paid In Full. " The regiistration slip I believed at that time was my paid in full. 1 week ago I got a call from a collection agnecy that said Americredit had assigned for collection an outstanding loan owing $3,300.00 that is partly interest still due on your 1996 car loan. I just can't believe this. My options, if any please ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2005, 08:31 PM
    Loan
    Ask them, for a complete documentation of any debt that is being claimed due.

Check to see if you have received a title on the auto yet, if you have not gotten a title, they are still holding it.

If you were late on various payments, late fees, then add up with other and new late fees to be 1000's of dollars after a while

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student Loan Interest Deduction [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 student loans, but interest paid on both are under $600 for the year 2005, so I didn't get any 1098E forms. Do I need any evidence to show the interest I'm claiming for adjustment? Such as pay slips which shows the amount of interest paid? Thanks

Home loan interest rate [ 1 Answers ]

What are some some of the home loan interest rates now for good to average credit for fixed rate.

No Interest in Sex [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone please guide me. My husband and I have been together for 15 years now and recently, well for quite a while, I have had absolutley no interest in sex. I love my husband and he treats me well, but I am just not interested. I am a non-traditional student, and after being in college all...

Student loan interest deductibility [ 1 Answers ]

In 2005, I was on F1 until Sept 30, and then my status was changed to H1B starting from Oct 1. CINTAX has determined that I had to use 1040NR-EZ to file my tax return. It said I was not eligible to claim student loan interest for my tax return since I was not in F1 visa status as of 31 Dec 2005....

Bank interest [ 3 Answers ]

The interest my bank is paying is pitiful. I have heard that there are online banks which give a much higher percentage than what I am receiving locally. How does one find a reliable bank like that and how would I get started? We invested in a Federal Agency step up note<?> which is paying 3+%...

View more questions Search