Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Getting blood drawn
    How much does it hurt to get blood drawn? What does it feel like? I really need to know
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
    It doesn't hurt that bad, just a quick short jab and it's over.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Don't look until it's all over. One of my arms is easier than the other. But, then again, it doesn't bother me.
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Blood draw
    When you get blood drawn, does it have to be done in the vein of your arm?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Depends on the test. You can be drawn from the arm, the finger poke, a heel stick (usually done for infants), an arterial blood draw (used to measure respiratory gases). Most common, in the average lab, are either the arm poke or the finger poke.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 08:22 PM
    A lot will depend on the tech doing the work. The best ones do it so easy you never know it is being done hardly till it is over. Just don't look.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 08:31 PM
    I agree, don't look. It hardly hurts at all. There are things that happen to us everyday that hurt a lot worse and we hardly ever give those things much thought at all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meecy12
    when you get blood drawn, does it have to be done in the vein of your arm??
    As Shy mentioned it does depend on why the test is being done. It is done in the vein of your arm because that is the easiest and least painful vein to draw from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Human Blood or animal blood? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello anyone. I'm a newbie here, hope to find some help here. I'm a student taking degree in biomedical science. I'm required to produce a research project in order to get my degree. I'm interested in forensic science so I choose it to be my field of research. I wonder how a real crime scene...

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

Can spirits be drawn to a negative person? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is a very unhappy negative person.It seems like when there's a lot of fighting or unhappiness going on the spirits in this house let you know they are here.Last night my husband had started his usual drama ;My sons and my sons girlfriend were out on the patio and I was bending down to...

Pension drawn early [ 1 Answers ]

I have my retirement pesion withdrawn fully. I am a Non Resident Alien. How is this money taxable? The service provider has sent me 1099-R tax doc for the pension I have with drawn.

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search