Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yukari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 10:14 AM
    I know I shouldn't listen but?
    Hey there, my name is Brittney and I have been with my boyfriend for about a year now.
    I love him I am sure of it, but a lot of people tell me that it is only 'puppy love' and then when I go off to University our relationship is going to fall apart.

I am 18 and my boyfriend is 17, he is in grade 11 while I am in grade 12 and am graduating this year. Hopefully going to university. My father tells me that when I go there I am going to find someone who is intellegent and who will 'love me more' then my current boyfriend does. Of course I tell him that he is wrong and that my boyfriend and I will last forever or at the least a long long while.

I love this guy deeply but ever since I can't help my father's words sinking into my head. What if we forget about one another during my year away from him, what if he finds someone else or I do. I would never cheat on him and I doubt that I would ever find someone better than him but I just can't seem to shake my dad's words.

I know I'm supposed to follow my heart, I'm in control of my life but what can I do to ensure that my boyfriend and I don't fall apart during my year at university?

Also I new here so HI! :3
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
    If it really is love (and I am not saying it isn't) then it should last. Of course there are going to be times that are going to be rough and it will take a lot of patients and understanding from both of you. You have to be ready for him getting jealous, for example if you are not there when he calls or you don't have the time to spend talking to him on the phone. He has to understand that you are starting down a different path in your life and that doesn't mean he isn't part of your new life.

Facts are you are going to start meeting new people. If he is secure and trusts you then he should be able to deal with it and the same goes for you. Your father is being honest cause most of the time these relationships do not work out but if you two really do love each other as deeply as you saw it should work. Hope this helps!!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 06:00 PM
    If you're as committed to your boyfriend as you seem to be then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What music do you listen too [ 22 Answers ]

I was just curious on what type of music everyone here prefers? My ears listens to rnb, hip hop almost all day. I do listen to trance and house once and awhile

Be with him or Listen to my parents? [ 14 Answers ]

Okay I have been with this guy for about a year and a half (since I was 15, Im now 16) and when we first got together my parents loved this guy! But then we broke up and I was very upset! I didn't want anything to do with him. But I seen him and talked to him and I realized I missed him and I want...

Do I just listen. [ 13 Answers ]

What do you say to a marriedman who you have been seeing and now havewalked away from when his wife still accuseing him of still being unfaith (she had her guesses ) he knows you have walked away but still wants to talk to you about it saying may he is prolonging it. I just have listened and...

Listen to this song and tell me the name please [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was in Barrio Latino (Paris) last Saturday and I made a small film with my still camera; after I've put it on my computer and looked at it I was wondering wich song was playing. I've already put an mp3 version online to ask people around if they can tell me wich song/artist it is....

View more questions Search