Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alone for holidays Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Can only go home for the Holidays every other year
    11 years ago my sister who is 10 years younger decided that she no longer wanted me to visit our Mother when she was there. Because of this my Mother took her side and would not tell me why my sister had stopped talking to me and had decided she hated me. Instead, my Mother told me that in the future I could not come to every Holiday, that for now on I had to come every other year. So, I this year I cannot go for Thanksgiving, but I am going for Christmas. I can only go home for Easter, etc. every other year. And I now need to ask for permission if I want to come for a long weekend, while my sister can go whenever she pleases. I cannot begin to tell you how much pain I am in. I have asked my Mother to help, but she refuses. What do you think??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2007, 09:57 AM
    I think you should tell your mother that you do not understand the rift is between you and your sister. That you will gladly try to repair it if she can explain what the problem is.

From there you have two choices. Since your mom has sided with your sister and told you what schedule you have to adhere to, you can either abide by that schedule or not visit at all. You can't force yourself into your paarents home when you have been told you are unwelcome. If your mom hadn't sided with sis, then I would say you go when your want and if sis wants to stay away that's her problem, but that's not the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 Year Old Still Living at Home [ 7 Answers ]

My wife and I still have an 18 year old son living with us. He graduated from high school, but is not interested in going any farther. We have offered to pay, but he's still not interested in school. He "hangs out" with his friends, and sometimes comes home drunk or high. We live in Tennessee and...

How to Evict 19 Year Old Step Daughter From Home [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Georgia with my husband and his two grown children (ages 22 and 19) for the last 10 years. The 19 year old is into drugs and drinking and is constantly laying out of work (if she even has a job) and bringing her drug friends into our home when we are not there. There is evidence she...

What forms do I need to file to have my 21 year old daughter vacated from my home? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter has no respect for me (and has said so). Her boyfriend cussed me out and I told him to leave my home (after he hit her). She yelled at me because I told him to leave and I told her to go with him. The problem is I have a 3 year old granddaughter in the middle of this. I did not...

19 Year old home from college [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has just returned home from being away at college for the past 10 months. She has gained over 60 pounds and is doing terrible in school. Now that she is home she keeps her room messy, is unkempt and ignores most of what we ask of her. She is never verbally disrespectful, but just...

Holidays in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Last year my dad had a very serious stroke and is now very disabled, and also diabetic. He is currently in a residential care home while my mum sells their house and we manage to buy a house suitable for him to reutrn to. We want to go on holiday, but obviously don't want to have to leave my...

View more questions Search