Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajtrud29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Adding my name to car title and loan
    My husband is military and is leaving for Afghanistan soon. I have special power of attorney and regular power of attorney. How do I add my name to the car? We live in Tennessee and the car is from NY with everything through NY.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2007, 09:13 AM
    On the back of the NY Title certificate is a transfer form. You need to fill out that form transferring the title from your husband to your husband and yourself. Then send it back to NY with a copy of your POA.

As for the loan, you have to contact the lender.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding name to Car Title [ 6 Answers ]

Can I add my husbands name to my car title, or anyone else's name for that matter?

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Removing ex-husband's name from car title - no loan involved [ 1 Answers ]

My vechicle is in my name and my ex-husband's name. There is no loan involved but we must get the vehicle in my name only for the obvious reasons but also so that we can separate our insurance policies. What is the best way to do this without hiring an attorney and paying sales taxes? Is there...

Co signed car loan and title [ 12 Answers ]

I cosigned on an auto loan with our daughter. The car title and loan are in both of our names. She is going to move out and has been unreliable in making payments. I have had to bail her out more than once. I want her to either get the loan and title in her name alone or turn in her car. She...

View more questions Search