Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Nope still haven't figured out exactly where it occurred, still got to work on that. However, the bank is supposed to send us NSF slips when one occurs, they have a new employee (well, she's been there a month), and she conveniently forgot, or did not do her job, the NSF slips are sitting on her desk 400 miles from here in their home office.

Well, I don't know if she has a job or not, but we got our money back, and even funnier, we got invited to their Christmas Open House tomorrow. LMAO, I about fell on the floor when they invited me.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Nice! Yay!
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 03:24 PM
    It was freaking weird I tell you!! I NEVER knew a bank to give back money... NEVER

Now, I won't use the account until after the 1st of the year, only 4 checks left to clear, and see if their balance matches up with mine, then start all over again brand new. Cash baby, cash!!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Dec 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
    I'm so glad to hear it worked out. You J it's christmas go J it's christmas... lol
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 03:43 PM
    I'm really still in shock over the whole thing. I mean really I am. I have never heard of such a thing. I went there after picking the kids up from school, and wam bam thank you ma'am, that is what I was told.

Now, mind you, I am not going to rely on this, made a deposit just the same, so we will see what transpires over the next few weeks.

I've been banking there for 7 years, with only one bounced check, that was covered within hours of finding out. My home loan is through them, my home equity loan is through them, and the van (now paid off) was through them.

It's funny, they know me by name and when I go in once a month (we are paid monthly) they have all the paperwork out and ready to get done. It's a small town bank, only one branch, but I love it.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Dec 18, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Well the good thing about small town banks is that you don't become just another number with them. J it looks like snow outside what do you think?
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 04:10 PM
    It was sprinkling when I went to the bank... looked like snow all day, but I doubt it will happen...

Not until January 14 when I have to drive 50 miles to school.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 04:10 PM
    At least you can breath now J ;)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
    J_... so glad things worked out for you - little town banks can be of benefit.

Hey Myth.. how are you and the babes doing?

CBW, you are right.. better financial breathing does help one sleep a lot better too.

Good Night all, time for my nap - seems like I need several per day now, but Larry sure loves it. Good thing I have my laptop near, so when I wake up, it's ready to keep me in touch with my family and friends. I think I overdid it playing a Christmas hidden objects game - just had to find all them 'pretties'!

C.U.later!

Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 03:06 AM
    Sleep tight chery my sweet I hope you rest well xxxx
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Morning everyone.
    J I hope you got everything figured out. Something can be said for small towns huh?
    Chery, hope you slept well!
    Morning (or afternoon) CBW
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Good morning Tus me dear how's you ?
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Doing well.
    How is your little angel?
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:35 AM
    We are sat eating lunch I'm half asleep giggle I feel like I've ran a marathon today tee hee
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Might be time for a little shut eye for the two of you once your bellies are full!
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Hehehehe always is ;) 1.30 comes and we are in bed she has worn me out this morning reading mr men books
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Enjoy your nap

Edit: Dang this Irish Gal makes a good African Princess :) :) all in the name of education!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding Bar vs. Neutral Bar? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all. I have extended the wires from an unused 240 outlet to the backyard for a spa via a sub-panel. I also hooked up a new grounding electrode near it to avoid having to run a fourth wire all the way back to the main panel. This fourth wire goes to the small grounding bar in the sub-panel...

Ground bar vs. Neutral bar [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference? I understand the neutral goes on the neutral bar and the same for the ground wires but if you were to check continuity between the neutral bar and ground bar they are connected. Can you explain?

My start bar ( task bar ) is in the wrong place [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was playing on my PC and my start bar or task bar is now up the right hand side of my screen, I don't know how I did it is there away to put it back to the bottom left (original place ) please help its annoying:mad: Thanks in advance Mike:)

Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink? I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?

Annoying Internet Bar over the Task Bar [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson has messed around with my computer and an annoying Bar now sits over the Task bar when on the internet. To the extreme left is Internet Explorer logo e] followed by DONE. To the extreme right is a Blue Globe followed by INTERNET. If a URL is clicked the bar then shows :...

View more questions Search